Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Yeah John Taylor was awesome, very underrated.

4 Likes

Welcome to @MikeyD, @notaenthusiast, @Gray06, @lrosenblatt8, @rae_kristine, @Courtney_Vtown, @Mac!

Blimey, you only have to be away 1 day and look how many new faces there are!

Hope you all have fun :smiley:

7 Likes

Welcome to BassBuzz!

That Tagima is supposed to be really good. Much better than what they charge. I’ve been wanting to get my hands on one but there aren’t too many in the US.

When you have time, post a picture on this thread… Show Us Your Basses (Part 1) - #1507 by quadfather.

3 Likes

Welcome to BassBuzz!
Lemmy is well respected around here.
:metal:

3 Likes

Who would win a fight between Lemmy and God?

Welcome @Mac. Lots of basskateers from down under logging on in the past few days. Nice.

Who can answer that question correctly?
:wink::wink::wink::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

Nobody. I have it on good authority that they’re best friends. :grin:

3 Likes

It’s a trick question.
You got that part right.

Answer : nobody, Lemmy IS God!!!

From the movie AIRHEADS

2 Likes

Well that brings me back. Welcome to the community @Courtney_Vtown!

4 Likes

Welcome @Mac!

3 Likes

Hey, I know another quadfather in a different forum. Are you a powerlifter by chance?

4 Likes

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, gang! I played for 2 hours yesterday- I’m in love for sure! And I can tell y’all are a great bunch!

3 Likes

@rae_kristine No, I don’t powerlift - my nickname is from aaaaaages ago when I used to play quake 1 online. Blimey, that’s going back a bit. The name just kinda stuck over the years :slight_smile:

3 Likes

When I’m not working (or now, learning bass), I’m a powerlifter, coach, and referee. But that’s all on hold right now of course so the bass has been my savior.

4 Likes

Welcome to all the many new members who joined recently!

And, perhaps an extra warm welcome to @Courtney_Vtown - we could use some more prog fans in here (as @peterhuppertz also hinted to) :smile: And… we need a Chapman Stick player, for sure! I still remember how floored I was when I first heard KC’s Discipline album (way back when…).

5 Likes

Thanks to all for the warm welcome

2 Likes

Hello,

I just started the course.

I played the Bass guitar for three years in a Blues-Rock band with some friends from school during my teenage period in the late sixties (none of us had any formal musical education and we barely knew a few accords) I better say that I was the band’s member holding a bass guitar and producing background noise. But life took me in a completely different direction than playing the bass guitar. Today I play some fingerstyle on an acoustic six-string guitar.

Two weeks ago I decided to go back to play what I like the best: bass guitar. This time as a bedroom player. Many consider the bass guitar as a “band instrument” but I personally enjoy playing it alone, holding it, fretting and plucking the strings, and hearing its sound and playing with the backing tracks of songs. I continue to play and learn the acoustic but I still prefer the feeling of holding and playing and listening to the bass.

Several days ago I purchased a short-scale Fender Mustang PJ (Mexican made) and also a VOX amplung 2 Bass to serve me until I save enough for a small quality amp.

The course is fantastic. I guess that because I already play some basic fingerstyle on my six-string acoustic guitar, it has been a bit easy for me until module 6. But even so, an early lesson like the 3rd lesson of module 1 helped me correct a bad self-taught habit from the past: not to pull the string up and away but to pluck across. Very excited to be here.

10 Likes

Thanks everyone :blush:

2 Likes

Welcome @JVagiar!

2 Likes

And hello to even more new members! I’ve enjoyed the first few modules, just going back to basics and taking it slow and I’ve even learnt a few bits!

Great course so far!!!

2 Likes

Thank you @JerryP! They are just SO good! Had the chance to see them in 1995 at the Zellerbach Hall in Berkeley but my mom would not let me go because I was too young and she did not know the people I was going with :rofl: Probably a smart move on her part but oooooooh was I bummed. Its funny because she gave in the next summer and let me see Steely Dan relatively far away on a school night (thank GOD!) haha. I still have my unused King Crimson ticket—I was that close! That would have been THE lineup to see as I’m a bit obsessed with Adrian Belew as well…

4 Likes