Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome @chino
Another vote here for the B2B course . It is a great buy

6 Likes

Hi Everyone,

I’m Birchie. I have been a drummer for almost 20yrs. Due to a tendon injury at the start of the year, meaning no more drums for me, I picked up the next best thing, a bass. I’ve been playing (properly) for 6 months, and I joined up with BassBuzz in April, it’s been great. I never knew just how capable this instrument is and it’s only getting better with every lesson and practice!!

TM Stevens and Bootsy Collins are my bass idols, one day I might become a funkateer and board that spaceship.

Keep this on the Low E, but I might even prefer bass to drums… :laughing:

10 Likes

Welcome @birchie7 :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Welcome @birchie7!

7 Likes

Welcome aboard @birchie7,
Enjoy the ride, I play drums as well, and I agree with your comments🤫
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Welcome @chino!

well… there’s double bass!? Here’s a thread about it: Upright Bass Fans? Players? Let's hang

Welcome @birchie7!

Your secret is safe with us! Drummer and Bassists are BFFs in my view of the music world anyway sooooo it’s all good. I still keep quiet though.

5 Likes

Welcome @birchie7

7 Likes

Welcome @birchie7

5 Likes

Welcome @birchie7, might not get the same workout playing bass as you do playing drums, but you will get really strong fingers!
I may tell my neighbor, a drummer, that he is playing the wrong instrument, see if he will hop on over to the bass side.

4 Likes

Welcome @birchie7, sorry about your injury! But drummers do make great bass players. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hey Everyone,
My name is Kevin and I’m a crusty 49 year old. I started B2B a week ago and I just started Module 4. I picked a bass for the first time eight months ago and went through the Fender Play course (mostly because I bought a squire) and am happy to say that after a week I can confidently say this course is WAY better. I love the clear organization and progression. I’m cruisin so far but really suck at the advanced stuff so I’m looking forward to Josh’s instruction later in the course.
I’ve messed around with guitar for years and can play some basic riffs and the basic chord changes but it never really stuck. I’ve always loved bass and sort of on a whim bought a cheap setup and am so happy that I’m confident that I’m sticking with it. I’m really liking taking the time to focus on practicing timing and trying to understand the theory part which is something I’ve never done with guitar.
Anyway, really loving everything about this community I’ve seen so far. Thanks for the awesome course Josh!

9 Likes

Welcome aboard @doylecb,
Enjoy the ride, you will love this course for its structure and balanced progression.
And everyone on the forum is here to help each other along the journey to B2Badass.
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Welcome @doylecb.
That is my story almost to a T, guitar and all, only you are an old fart next to me, I am 48

5 Likes

Well you got 10 years to catch up to me Toby​:joy::rofl::sunglasses:

5 Likes

And in 10 years, I will still have 10 years to go Brian :wink:

5 Likes

Yep, I hope my fingers still work in 10 years​:rofl:, and I can still stretch across 4 frets​:joy::+1:

5 Likes

Thanks young fella

6 Likes

Of course, I respect my elders. :rofl:

5 Likes

Seriously thought man, I’m glad to hear someone else has a similar story with guitar. I love music so much and seeing shows has been such an important part of my life I never understood why I wasn’t playing music. I think I just need to start rockin the low end…

6 Likes

But only if they can cover frets 1-4 with all 4 fingers Brian. :rofl:

3 Likes