Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

ahhh, yes, so to make me more unique, the OC is simply Orange County where I live. This was a name I used on Liverpool FC forums, and I have been using it ever since.

4 Likes

Orange County, CA? NY? FL?
I live in OC too.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum and the course @OC_Mike!

2 Likes

Hello, My name is Jessica and my husband Josh might be posting under this account as well. I am completely new to bass. My husband played some bass in a band many years ago. He is rusty and I’m a newbie. We have 4 cats named Bitty (the oldest), Lycka (second oldest), Kowalski (third oldest), and Baphi (the youngest). My husband is a wonderful cook and we have both been looking for a hobby to be passionate about. So far, bass is the best thing that has happened to us. We look forward to becoming a part of this community. Peace, jjswenson

7 Likes

Welcome @OC_Mike. I’m guessing you live in Orange County? Florida or California?

6 Likes

Welcome @doylecb!
Yes, the course is awesome and I am very glad I landed here first despite my initial doubts about an online course.

Welcome @numberman2000!
Amazing! I joined a band after finishing the course and it is soooooo much more fun to play together than alone and we also have a gig planned :slight_smile:

Welcome @OC_Mike!
You have come to the right place! This course should satisfy you in that regard imo.

Welcome @jjswenson!
Love your cats. One of mine (Luna) recently died before even reaching the age of 2 years :frowning: I’m more or less over it, but thinking of cats in general still throws me back. Where’s the 4th cat? We need pictures!

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @jjswenson!

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @jjswenson,
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

I was only allowed to post three pics since I am new. I am very sorry about your cat. Maybe Lycka can cheer you up

7 Likes

Welcome @jjswenson !

Here’s my manager…

7 Likes

Hey, @juli0r ! Thank you for the note!

Here’s something I can recommend, if you can find it…find people you really get along with to play with. I’ve played in a couple bands where I really didn’t know the other players that well, especially that one I played with on Valentine’s Day.

But here’s a pic of me playing with my friend/great guitarist. I remember exactly what happened at that moment (he made a…mistake :D). <>

It’s so much fun to play with people that are #1 not only good musicians (and what I’ve found is that you can really feed off of that energy…not only on stage, but in a way making you wanting to be better to ‘keep up’ – for me, I don’t necessarily want to be the best one in the band, but want to be pushed to do my absolute best), but #2 also people you get along with.

The guitar player is eons ahead of me in terms of ability, but it brings out the best in me. And when we make a mistake, it’s not the end of the world, but something we can smile about and deal with :smiley:

It’s so good playing in a band. That’s my Zen…

10 Likes

OMG!! I love the tie! So professional. I bet he manages talent well.

7 Likes

Thank you everyone for the kind welcomes! Hope you all have great days/nights

8 Likes

That’s a fantastic pic :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum @jjswenson

5 Likes

Hi everyone!
I am new to the forum, even though I started taking Josh’s lessons a few months ago, when I received a short scale Bronco Bass for my birthday.
I used to play drums but I kind of stopped it since I live in a small apartment in Brussels. I study dramatics and when I don’t work, I sing (the musicals, folks!) and I go diving in our beautiful Belgian stone-pits and quarries (ha ha).
Have a great day/night, where ever you are! Hope you’re all safe from Covid!

9 Likes

Welcome aboard @Mus,
Enjoy the Ride.
Cheers
Brian

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @Mus!

4 Likes

Welcome @Mus

5 Likes

Welcome @Mus

5 Likes