Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Hi! I just joined bass buzz today and am enjoying the lessons! I have always loved music, especially funk. I’ve danced since I was a kid and definitely have rhythm, so I’m hoping that translates to being able to play bass! I’ve always loved music that has prominent bass. Never played an instrument until now! Got myself a Fender Mustang PJ bass (short scale) and a Fender 40 amp. After doing 2 hours straight of lessons, I realize that I need a better strap than the el cheapo one I bought :laughing:

8 Likes

welcome @NathalieT. Go get ya a strap, and keep on Jamming :+1:

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @NathalieT,
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Hey @NathalieT,
You had best post a pic of your Mustang, I have one also.:+1:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Sonic blue – hard to get the color right in the photos

7 Likes

Welcome @bassalicious… yes a good strap is vital for comfort and longevity. There are some good suggestions in this thread

7 Likes

Welcome to the party @NathalieT @Vesa and @Lemniscat

5 Likes

Awesome. Fender does the pastel blues and grays really well.

6 Likes

Very nice @NathalieT,
Here is a pic of mine.
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

Welcome to the community @Vesa!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @NathalieT!

2 Likes

Very cool pint job dude.
I wouldn’t be game enough to even attempt it

4 Likes

Me neither.
(Well depends on the bass and how custom I made it anyway)

Would attempt a pint job though… probably :wink:

2 Likes

Welcome @Lemniscat, hope you enjoy the course!

Welcome @Vesa! Yes, pace yourself with the cookies. :cookie: :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome @NathalieT! I’ve got one of those PJ Mustangs too, same color! Fun little basses. :slight_smile: Yes, good straps make life better! I really like these: SoloStrap Neo – Gruv Gear | Krane

5 Likes

Hi all. I’m Sean. Just joined yesterday. I live in San Diego, CA originally from East Tennessee. I first picked up bass when I was about 15. My first bass was Cort Slammer bass. I have no idea what ever happened to it. Used to jam with a couple friends. I wouldn’t call it a band as we were all terrible. Never played any gigs as we were poor teenagers. I stopped playing after a couple years. Have always meant to get back to it, but life was happening. I’m now 46 and have been back to playing for about 2 years. I really enjoy watching Josh’s videos and have learned a lot from them, so I decided to sign up. Here is a pic of the family and my practice table.

10 Likes

Welcome @Seann1974

Nice selection of basses you have there :+1:

5 Likes

Welcome @Seann1974. I am Tdub 1972 from Costa Mesa, CA, a little north of you.
Nice collection you got there :+1:

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @Seann1974,
Enjoy the ride, love your family.
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @Seann1974!

4 Likes

Welcome @Seann1974

5 Likes