Dude! That brisket is :fire:

6 Likes

Welcome @bernds64!

6 Likes

Thank you folks, very kind

8 Likes

I missed this earlier better late than never. Welcome @bernds64

6 Likes

Welcome @BillJr! If you’re listening to reggae, Motown, Stax, and JB… you might be a bassist. :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome @bernds64, glad you’re back into music making!

9 Likes

@Sully @howard @TNKA36 @TheFeister @DaveT @Jamietashi and anybody else that likes BBQ and cooking, I created a new topic in the Lounge!

COOKING AND BAR-B- QUE

6 Likes

Never. The truth behind the banana can only be discovered on you own.
Dates might be involved and they’re really great. :sunglasses:

Welcome @bernds64.

8 Likes

Great idea Eric, love.:+1:
I will have to post a few pics of my previous cook ups to get you all salivating :joy:. :rofl:
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Hi All,
I’ve been a long time lurker on the forum and decided to jump in and introduce myself. I’m Mike and I live in Miami. I came across bassbuzz when I was searching online for bass lessons, and when I saw that banana tattoo, from the cover of one of my all time favorite albums, I knew I ended up at the right spot.
I’m about 3/4 through B2B course, and I already feel like I’ve made a ton of progress.
My music tastes are pretty varied. I hover in the jam band area, but spend a lot of time listening to jazzier stuff like Grant Green or David Axelrod, heavier stuff like Tool, or classic rock like the Talking Heads or VU and anything in between. One of the hardest things for me about this virus has been the lack of live music. It’s always been like therapy for me to catch a show, and I was supposed to have spent Labor Day weekend in Colorado for three shows that were obviously cancelled. I can’t wait to be back in a crowd, whether a small club show or an arena and have that moment when the house lights go down and year hear those first notes ring out.
Anyhow, I look forward to being a part of this forum and learning a lot from you great people.

12 Likes

Welcome @MikeS

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @MikeS!

7 Likes

Welcome @MikeS

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @MikeS

6 Likes

Welcome Aboard @MikeS
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome Mike. I feel this too. I did have tickets to about 3 shows that were cancelled on my right when the lockdown started. I have not purchased any shows for anything, cuz they all got cancelled.
I ran into the guitar player for D.I. in the grocery store back in May, and I was talking about the Punk in the Park show coming up, he said Cancelled. Told me that all shows have been cancelled for all of 2020, and not to buy any tickets til after 2020 at min. I listened to him, and everybody that got tickets to everything since have been cancelled on.
But yeah, it sucks, I love going to shows, big stadium shows, dive bar shows, World Famous Doll Hut, whatever, a good show cleanses the soul.

7 Likes

Hi Toby @T_dub
We cashed our tickets in for Patti Smith, but still holding Cowboy Junkies tickets for early 2021🤞
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Hey guys, Im a new bassist like 4/5 Months I learned a lot from josh, josh is my fav bass teacher because he made it to not look boring, Someday if i armed with knowledge i want to be a bass teacher too :D, I don’t overdo it however he is my inspiration other than Deaky, Dart, Flea, Krist, Bootsy, Rutger, Dorsey, and keep on teaching josh :D.

7 Likes

Welcome @suaryana

4 Likes

You slap really well for someone just 4-5 months in!

5 Likes

Hi Ant. Congratulations… I am 59 and started a year ago… I have loved it so much… I play a bit every day and took @JoshFossgreen advice about shapes to remember… two bits of advice from me… try and use all your fingers from the start… including the pesky pinky that keeps flying off the strings! Also, explore playing different genres… Blues for repeating patterns and pop for easy 4/4 grooves. Take care. All the best from England.

8 Likes