Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome @Scoundrel1680

7 Likes

Welcome to the community @Scoundrel1680!

6 Likes

Hi @Scoundrel1680, welcome to the club!

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @Scoundrel1680 !!

5 Likes

Welcome @Scoundrel1680

4 Likes

Actually it’s Multiple Bass Disorder. Dilemma applies only if there’s a controlling partner involved, but we have solutions for that here.

Basically, most of us here are that “Bad Influence” your mother warned you about. She may have mentioned me and @T_dub by name.

8 Likes

HaHa, yeah, I messed that one up, but they both can apply.

5 Likes

Welcome Landon @Scoundrel1680!

6 Likes

Hello everyone!

Let’s see where to being.

Just turned 40 this summer and found myself single again after ending a 10 absolutely toxic relationship.

I picked up playing bass because of COVID. It looked like we were going to be indoors for a while and I need a hobby besides playing xbox and watching TV, wait do those count as hobbies? Meh i’ll roll with it.

I played in a marching band as a teenager with Air Cadets, I played trombone and Snare Drum for a few years. They never taught us music theory or anything but I was able to play your typical marching band songs for military parades.

Fast forward … I’ve always had an interest in Bass so I picked up a rental bass and AMP and gave it a try for a couple months then decided to pick up my own equipment.

This is my Sire Marcus Miller V7 Vintage 2nd Generation Bass Guitar - Swamp Ash. Online ppl might call it a Fender knock off but at a very reasonable price for it being an Active Bass. I also decided to get a Fender Rumble TL25 it has all the effects you could want with presets and you can customize your own sounds.

I’ve really been enjoying my time learning and just starting to utilize the community side with Forums and private DM’s.

That’s it for now.

Chat soon ya’ll!

13 Likes

Welcome @digbit

6 Likes

Welcome, nice bass and amp you picked up, I am sure a step up from the rental gear.

6 Likes

Welcome! The presets are fun. I have the rumble studio 40…some good downloads on the app too.

7 Likes

Welcome aboard @digbit
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome @digbit

5 Likes

That’s a nice bass you got yourself there. I own one as well, even though it’s not my got to bass. I prefer big soapbar or precision pickups :sweat_smile:
For Marcus Miller to put his name on it, it needs to be a good instrument :blush:

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @digbit! Nice gear you have. I have an LT25 myself.

3 Likes

=) I’ve been really enjoying it so far. I don’t have much to compare it too but I’m very happy with my investment.

4 Likes

Thanks @JerryP. I still haven’t created any of my own customs just yet. Every sessions I just turn the dial to a new sound for now.

Some of the defaults… there’s no way i’d actually use.

3 Likes

Hey @T_dub !

The rental was a Yamaha trbx 174 which in all honestly probably would have done the trick as well for someone starting out, but … I tend to always want to upgrade equipment. So I figured I’d invest into some gear I see myself keeping and wanting to play for a very long time.

4 Likes

Hi
I had a stroke 6 months ago and started bass as I could use one finger.
Your lessons
are great.

14 Likes