Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Thanks,
It motivates me more when I hear story like yours. Thanks for sharing there’s always somebody that has some kind of injury or handicap worse than mine and there pushing through. Thanks and cheers.

3 Likes

Greeting ,
Mac,:blush: thanks for the welcome.
Cheers.

4 Likes

Greetings Jerry ,
Thanks for welcome and Cheers :beers:

4 Likes

Welcome Shaun, I hope you get to check live performance off your bucket list, and I am sure you can pick up what you need to do just that here.

3 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome, looking forward to contributing when I can and being part of the community!

4 Likes

Hi everyone, just saying a quick hello now I’ve finally signed up (and starting Josh’s excellent course soon).

I started with some attempted guitar during my university days some 10 years ago and then it sat in a box for most of that time since. I think I really wanted to pick up bass though, but as all of my friends already did, I ended up as the guitar person.

Fast-forward to 2020 and I decided last month to just go for it finally, and so after a few missteps at finding a bass I really liked (thanks Thomann returns policy! I was being far too picky, but it has to make you want to pick it up and play right?) I’m now in a committed and happy relationship with this lovely white Jackson JS2.

I’m still working on finding a comfortable setup for my home learning and practice. Having to use headphones - using a Blackstar amPlug for now but in cable hell, so I’m currently eyeing up the Nux Mighty Plug as a better solution (enquired about it over on this post if anyone can help)

Looking forward to getting started with the course!

11 Likes

Welcome aboard @Substr

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @Substr
Enjoy the ride
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Welcome.

3 Likes

Welcome @Substr

4 Likes

Welcome Alex @BigAl, glad you’ve recovered enough to start playing!

Welcome @Shaun, getting on stage is totally possible (once stages open up, anyway), I’m confident anyone can do it with some practice!

Welcome @Substr, glad you found a bass you love, that is important!

5 Likes

I picked up guitar 20 years ago because my best friend already bought his bass and amp. Same, I played enough to have fun for a while, but fastforward to 2020, just before the Covid lockdown, I had already decided to get back into music with bass, and Covid lockdown has done nothing but help my playing :wink:
Welcome to Bass Buzz

there are some here how have recently bought that NUX headphone amp, and it looks to be a good fairly inexpensive option.

5 Likes

Welcome @BigAl! :metal:t3:

3 Likes

Welcome @Substr, I’m just a few weeks ahead of you :metal:t3:

4 Likes

Welcome Bill Jr. I’m just chugging right along. Doing a 1 module a day so I’m at Module 5 and having fun. Always good to have a different perspective in learning music. All good :+1:.

5 Likes

At this pace, you will pass me @BigAl !

4 Likes

Its just this 1st few lesson have been review of the basic and practicing good techniques. I Just want to be a Bad Ass. :rofl: :joy: :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Greetings all, I purchased my first bass in 1978, took a few lessons from bass players in local band’s but never really applied myself, so I took a break until 2020. Trying to learn a bit from what I find on the web and basically just having fun.

9 Likes

Welcome aboard @BaltimoreGeezer
Enjoy the ride
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome @BaltimoreGeezer

6 Likes