Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Reckon that was a good move @shadowarrior. Really over theses restrictions now. May even be looking to leave the state if things align in the not so distant future

5 Likes

Hey @shadowarrior,
It takes time to develop dexterity in your hands and fingers👍
Learning bass with A drum background should really help you progress pretty quickly👍
High hat ,snare, bass drum, lock them in and your covered​:+1::sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @shadowarrior!

3 Likes

Welcome @BaltimoreGeezer!

3 Likes

Welcome @BaltimoreGeezer, cheers to having fun!

Welcome @shadowarrior! I do have weird alien hands, but most bass players don’t. :alien: There are some good threads here on the forum about that, try searching through the Technique category for starters. (edit: I see you already got that advice :stuck_out_tongue:)

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @shadowarrior

Yes indeed your sense of rhythm will be a HUGE help.

Check out these threads:

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I played Bass a lot in a few local bands for years. I got some lessons and have pretty well have developed my ear but ended up just chugging root notes a lot and playing basic slap (thumb down) after many years now I realize I’m stuck and it feels like I’m a bit of a pretender so here I am to learn properly from scratch. Watching Josh’s videos on Youtube have inspired me to learn again from the gound up. 20+ years have passed since I first picked up a Bass. I really hope these lessons can make me feel like less of a pretender and more like a Bass Player.

10 Likes

Welcome aboard @russki98,
Enjoy the ride.
You have come to the right place, Josh will get you back in the groove.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Welcome @russki98

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @russki98!

4 Likes

welcome @russki98

4 Likes

Welcome @russki98

3 Likes

Welcome @russki98, glad my videos got you into learning more fundamentals!

4 Likes

Welcome @russki98 Glad your here!

3 Likes

Have had a guitar of one flavor or another for 20 plus years self taught and basically just learned chords and strumming on acoustic for most part. Our worship team at church has needed a bassist for a long time so I picked up a used Ibanez micro and a fender rumble amp started practicing and signed up. Ill be on stage for the first time third Sunday in October. Biggest shock for me was set list came in chord charts and i was totally lost as to what to do other than play root notes. Still struggling with that and figuring out the rhythm Signed up for beginner to badass tonight have the basics and fundamentals down well but figure it wont hurt to go through the course

13 Likes

Welcome aboard @Roughneck94,
Enjoy the ride, the B2B course will set you heading in the right direction.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @Roughneck94!

4 Likes

Welcome @Roughneck94

4 Likes

Welcome @Roughneck94

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Laura, a complete beginner. Never really had the courage to start before, I was convinced I wasn’t musically inclined enough to pick up an instrument. I fiddled around a bit with an acoustic guitar before but felt quite embarrassed so only played very softly while practising and never really pushed through. I had a kind of personal confidence breakthrough about a month ago and felt like this would be the right time to pick up the bass, which I actually feel more connected to than acoustic guitar. I really enjoyed the bassbuzz videos on YouTube but was looking for some more structure in teaching and then decided to just dive into the course. Looking forward to learning a lot here :slight_smile:

13 Likes