Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

I’m Terrence F. I finished B toB… But I still get Josh teaching on youtube…seek and ye shall find…

9 Likes

Welcome @resolve2 Terrence.
Take a look at this thread if you want to find more Josh lessons.

3 Likes

o/ Hi everyone. Decided to take up the bass because I’ve always wanted too and I feel that it’ll help with exercising my hands. Recently diagnosed with early onset Parkinsons and if I don’t learn to play now, I’ll have missed my chance. Looking forward to chatting with you all.

10 Likes

welcome @resolve2

4 Likes

Welcome @ArcaneK9

4 Likes

Welcome @Roughneck94, that’s great you’re getting on stage so early in your bass journey! Was just watching a funny Jack Bruce clip where he suggested learning on stage instead of in your bedroom so you get to have fun and get paid while you practice. :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome @LauraKlinkhamer, congrats on your confidence breakthough, happy to have you here!

Welcome @crippledring, this is indeed the right place! You did make your post a reply to someone else’s though, instead you can press the arrow in the toolbar on the right (bottom left of this image):

Or scroll all the way to the bottom and hit the orange Reply button. All good!

Welcome @TomS, congrats on limiting your GAS to one bass so far. :money_mouth_face:

Welcome @Luther, have fun with the course!

Welcome Terrence @resolve2, congrats on finishing B2B! You can post here if you like to get some more congrats: BadAss BassBuzz Alumni

Welcome @ArcaneK9, best wishes with your Parkinsons, maybe the bass grooves can fight it off a bit. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Welcome @ArcaneK9
Great idea, it is great therapy, physical and mental.

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @resolve2,
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Thanks tazette83, I feel welcome already! I’ve got an Ibanez TMB100K (seafoam), I’ve had a a lot of fun trying it out so far. I mostly listen to rock and a bit of blues music, I quite like the psychedelic style too.

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @Luther!

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @ArcaneK9 and @resolve2!

5 Likes

Welcome @Luther and @ArcaneK9 and @resolve2

5 Likes

Hello all, I’m Richard from Wales UK.
Used to play bass in bands in my late teens/early twenties but fell out of the habit when I left uni.
Fast forward to my 30’s and I picked up a new bass on the insistence of my wife. It was an Ibanez k5, which I still have a love/hate relationship with.
Since then I’ve gradually practiced, and was a patreon on josh’s other youtube channel for a bit. I play mainly at home with a minimalist home setup (monitors/audio interface etc) and occasionally jam with guitar playing mates.
I recently made myself a promise to practice everyday, and so far I’ve stuck with it. Here’s hoping this community helps with that!

11 Likes

Welcome to the community @Riastarthae!

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @Riastarthae,
Enjoy the ride.
You will get the motivation to keep pushing yourself once you get into the B2B course.
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Welcome @Riastarthae

4 Likes

Welcome @Riastarthae

4 Likes

Welcome @Riastarthae. You are in the right to stay motivated to practice and improve.

5 Likes

welcome having past band experience sounds awesome what type of music did your bands play?

3 Likes

Chris Squire
What a bassist.
Did not know he died RIP

2 Likes