Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Yeah I am getting desperate to do a cover :thinking: some feedback would benefit my progress I reckon.

5 Likes

You don’t need to do a whole cover to get some feedback, @Mac - there is the “Post your practice fragments” thread as well!!

Having to nail a whole song can get you pretty stressed… not need for that (just yet :grin:, although eventually nobody gets by @terb’s Cover thread without a sacrifice!! :grin:)

7 Likes

Welcome @mward5

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @mward5!

3 Likes

Welcome the B2B course is excellent as you can go as fast or slow as you want. Josh is a fun and enthusiastic teacher.

4 Likes

@Matthew2020 Hi and Welcome to BassBuzz!

If you’re on the fence about whether to subscribe or not, I recommend watching this video… Are You an Intermediate Bassist? (17-point Checklist)

Beginner to BasAss gives you all the tools you need to get there.

6 Likes

At least, we are 2 ! :wink:

4 Likes

Welcome @Matthew2020, this indeed is the right place. :slight_smile: I’m still coughing up those grapes… :grapes:

Welcome Megan @mward5!

5 Likes

I actually got this for my son - he signed up for beginning band in middle school this year and actually wanted to play guitar, but they don’t have guitar, so bass was his second choice. Although it was for him, I was secretly thrilled because it gave me a chance to try again. About 20 years ago, my roommate and best friend played guitar in a little punk band. I wanted to jam with him, so I bought a pawnshop bass and an amp and tried to teach myself bass. I manage to stumble my way through a few favorite songs with the help of tabs, but I was terrible and frustrated and after six months or so I gave up and sold it.

So while the bass was bought for my boy, I’ve decided to give it another try after all these years, and it’s been a blast actually learning to play for real. In a week, I’m already better than I ever was in 1999 since I didn’t know any proper techniques then. I only wish I hadn’t waited so long to try again.

15 Likes

Welcome aboard @grcavalli,
You have come to the right place to develop your skills :+1:
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Welcome @grcavalli

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @grcavalli!

5 Likes

Glad to see ya here @grcavalli !

6 Likes

Welcome @grcavalli. Best wishes for success for you and your son.

6 Likes

This is my first and only bass so far, it was a gift from my uncle, he gave it to me when i started gaining interest on bass, i never been able to find other pic of this exact same bass

10 Likes

Welcome @Lucho2641

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @Lucho2641!

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @Lucho2641,
Enjoy the ride :+1:
Love the colour of your bass😎
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Welcome @Lucho2641
Can just about make an Aria Pro II decal on the headstock of your bass.
I’ve been looking at a few of those on eBay but can’t recall seeing a headstock like that ! Cool bass

4 Likes

I’m just an older guy that loves Bass :D I’ve been playing since age 13.

I have just a bunch of old antique, but playable stuff . Newest to my collection is a Douglas 6 string bass., 2015 Rickenbacker 4003s that my wife bought me. The oldest is a 1965 Epiphone Embassy bass (bat wing head stock) under restoration. Total of 57 guitars and basses.:wideyed::wacky::cautious:.

9 Likes