Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Welcome @grcavalli

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @grcavalli!

5 Likes

Glad to see ya here @grcavalli !

6 Likes

Welcome @grcavalli. Best wishes for success for you and your son.

6 Likes

This is my first and only bass so far, it was a gift from my uncle, he gave it to me when i started gaining interest on bass, i never been able to find other pic of this exact same bass

10 Likes

Welcome @Lucho2641

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @Lucho2641!

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @Lucho2641,
Enjoy the ride :+1:
Love the colour of your bass😎
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Welcome @Lucho2641
Can just about make an Aria Pro II decal on the headstock of your bass.
I’ve been looking at a few of those on eBay but can’t recall seeing a headstock like that ! Cool bass

4 Likes

I’m just an older guy that loves Bass :D I’ve been playing since age 13.

I have just a bunch of old antique, but playable stuff . Newest to my collection is a Douglas 6 string bass., 2015 Rickenbacker 4003s that my wife bought me. The oldest is a 1965 Epiphone Embassy bass (bat wing head stock) under restoration. Total of 57 guitars and basses.:wideyed::wacky::cautious:.

9 Likes

Welcome to the community @Phud!

3 Likes

Welcome @Phud

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @Phud,
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

My name is Art. My friends call me Eddy, but either one works.
I began playing bass in 1983. Like most teens, I started by playing in cover bands, then I played with several orginal material hard rock bands. I sometimes sat-in with local cover and some original acts when they found themselves stranded without a bassist.
At some point during the late 1990s, I quit gigging and recording.

Last year, I felt the itch again so I began gigging with a local classic rock and blues band. My bandmates are amazing. I am very fortunate to have landed the gig. I have always enjoyed playing with musicians who are a good step or two above my level of musicianship, and that is exactly the situation that I find myself in now.

I’m self-taught. I learned to play on a fretless Univox “violin bass”. My number one instrument since the early 1990’s has been my 1982 Pedulla Buzz fretless 4-string.
Many amps and many other basses both fretless and fretted have passed through my ownership over the years, but that one bass has been my constant companion for so long.

I’m 56 now, and I find myself restless to learn some new to me things that I was never interested in as a youngster.
I’m not going to quit the blues rock band, because I really like those cats, but over all of these years I never learned to slap and pop. At least not more than a simple lick here and there for accents. I caught a Victor Wooten concert last year, and my mind was blown.
I began searching for some online free slap tips, and came across Josh’s YouTube channel. I like his teaching style, and sense of humor.
So here I am.

I already am a member at another very popular Bass player’s forum, but I like how this site appears to be a quite a bit friendlier overall. More open exchange of ideas, less macho chest thumping , and no backhanded compliments as far as I can see.
This place just feels warmer.

I presently live just outside of Austin, TX.
Cheers everybody!

12 Likes

Welcome aboard @Artman
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Hey there! Welcome! And excellent choice of instrument! Those TRBXs are not just great basses for the price, they are truly professional grade instruments. That one will probably last a lifetime. Enjoy your bass journey!

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @Artman!

3 Likes

Welcome @Artman

4 Likes

Welcome @Phud and @Artman.

4 Likes