Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Julia from Thomann is really awesome, kind of reminds me a bit of Josh in her cheerful and playful approach!

I think I have some kind of curvature problem in the neck of my HB as it buzzes when fretting the 7th/8th frets mainly in the E and A strings. I’ve done a bit of research and found this guide:

https://bassmagazine.com/artists/roger-sadowsky-gives-video-tutorial-on-how-to-set-up-your-bass-watch

… Problem being that my bass does not have a truss rod or at least I’m not able to locate it ; I assume this is part of being a mid to low end device.
Guess maybe I’ll have to take it to a local music store.

6 Likes

Yeah, that is a good guide - I think @eric.kiser shared it also the other day.

The HBs may be cheap, but they are not that cheap to work without a truss rod :grin:

I bet it is underneath the plastic triangle with the HB logo on the headstock! Good luck!

6 Likes

If you take it in fir a setup maybe they can show where the truss rod adjustment is and what size wrench it needs.

@howard has a video he has found that he likes to recommend. It’s very good and I also like this one …

Although it’s certainly possible to do your own setup and many people do, it may give you more confidence in your instrument to have it done the first time.

6 Likes

That one is good!

This is the one I like that @DaveT was referring to:

5 Likes

Maybe we should create a thread with all these videos and can just refer the new folks to that, just like with this intro thread?

5 Likes

There is one :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I knew you would know if we had one :wink: I need to bookmark that one myself, as I always end up hunting around for the posts

5 Likes

Thank you all! I’m definetely going to check out that thread and videos and see if I can work it out by myself.

4 Likes

hey josh. great site. ive been playing bass since i was 11. toured with national act blackeyed susan in the early 90s and a bunch of cover and studio work. switched over to playing guitar and fronting my own original projects over the years, i will be 50 in april 2022. just started teaching my 21 year old bass upon his request and i am trusting in this site to guide him. you’re playing and approach is very pro and common man at the same time. love it. but i also have started playing more bass on my current project i am working on. so buying basses again. lol. more to come. my profile pic is of me at 14 playing a talent show in philly. my bradley bass, fender jazz knockoff i learned on. time flies. cheers!!!

9 Likes

Welcome @walter_d_williams

5 Likes

some of my original music

6 Likes

thanks sir

5 Likes

Very chilled @walter_d_williams :+1:

5 Likes

Welcome @walter_d_williams!

4 Likes

Thank you buddy

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @walter_d_williams,
I’m sure you and your son will have a blast :+1:
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Wow so many newbies, welcome to you all.
I started the Badass course at beginning of Nov, I’m on Module 8 now and absolutely loving it. There will be times when something just doesn’t go right and you can’t get the hang of it … but keep plugging away and then it will eventually click in your mind and it’s the best feeling ever.

6 Likes

Welcome @walter_d_williams

5 Likes

I finally got it before my head exploded. I actually needed to reconfigure the sound card on the laptop. The big hurdle was finding it!
Thanks all for the guidance.

5 Likes

:+1:

4 Likes