Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome to the madness @Fou_Lou

6 Likes

Welcome @Fou_Lou

5 Likes

Hey all, I am a recently retired weldor. Never played an instrument in my life and decided to try playing bass. So far its been alot of fun even for a rank beginner like me
Kevin

17 Likes

Welcome aboard, @Elkabong . . . :slight_smile:

If you don’t like your bass, you can always use it the way Quick Draw McGraw did :wink:

Olé !

Cheers
Joe

8 Likes

Welcome @Elkabong

7 Likes

You know, not too many get the reference!
Thanks
Kevin

8 Likes

Welcome. @Elkabong. Glad you are here

6 Likes

Well, you know, many of us are new to bass, but not new to this world, so we remember a few things some the younger ones may not.

8 Likes

I guess I’m too young, I have no idea what y’all are referring to.

7 Likes

Remember El Kabong, @PamPurrs? . . . :slight_smile:

300px-Hb_quickdraw_photo_01_md

8 Likes

No, that must have been before my time.

6 Likes

Late ‘60s early ‘70s saturday am cartoon. After your time for cartoons @PamPurrs

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Elkabong!

7 Likes

Welcome @Elkabong

5 Likes

Welcome @Elkabong & @Fou_Lou hope you enjoy your stay here. The community is pretty active, positive, laid-back & helpful around here.

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @Elkabong,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome @Elkabong

6 Likes

Welcome @Elkabong.

Thanks for the welcome folks.

7 Likes

Welcome @Elkabong & @Fou_Lou :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Hi Everyone and a huge shoutout to Josh!

Music has been a big part of my life since I was young started, with Disney records and Sesame Street the first record I bought with my own money was Queen “The Game” after becoming obsessed with “Another Bites the Dust” at the age of 7. Record collecting has been a passion since then.

The first time I started thinking about creating or performing music was in high school, I joined musical theatre and later Vocal Jazz which I did for 5 years and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was given an electric guitar for my 15th birthday but never learned it I was more interested in skateboarding and cycling by then and never took lessons. But in the back of my mind I knew that I was more interested in the bass bringing me back to that sweet thumping sound of that Queen song that started my musical obsession.

Towards the end of highschool, I joined a rock cover band we called ourselves The Cynics but found out there was already a garage band with that name so we changed it to Cynical Inc. I was the lead singer and occasional tambourine banger.

Then university and life and career and fast forward to 2015, the itch in the back of my mind “the bass guitar Eric…its calling out to you” I begin to ask myself why I had never learned an instrument some would argue that a singing voice is an instrument but I guess I was making excuses for myself because I don’t really come from a musical family. But I always wanted to play bass and thought here we go so I purchased a Fender Jazz and realized that I sucked terribly tried going to youtube but with no rhyme or reason or structure was not getting anywhere.

I tried other online courses I won’t name them but I tried three of them and the same thing happened could not get anywhere with it I was frustrated and unmotivated to pick up my instrument each day.

Then I found Bass Buzz and things changed! I have completed module 1 and have completed lesson 1 of module 2 and I already know more than those three other online courses taught me combined! The teaching is concise and structured, fun and motivating! I do one lesson a day but each day I am picking up my bass and learning and developing my technique!

Thanks, Josh for being a wonderful teacher you have given this 47-year-old hope that I can be badass on the bass I cant wait to develop my skills as I move through the modules, and looking forward to connecting to others in the community!

Eric

18 Likes