Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

And @atWelcome @Crawlnstall And @RichOFAP

5 Likes

yes, my apologies! as i proceeded to include more detail, i inadvertently pressed ENTER instead of SHIFT.

nonetheless, i wish to thank the academy…

8 Likes

I was just being silly :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Hello all!

It took this newbie 4 months, but I’ve officially joined you all in badass-dom! Thanks to @JoshFossgreen for creating an enjoyable learning experience that had me laughing along with him all the way.

I hit the big Five-Oh this year and wanted to help myself feel young so I purchased the course to help fulfill a dream that started when I was 18. Can’t wait to see what lies ahead and I look forward to interacting more with the folks on this site.

Question: Does anyone know if a follow-up course is being developed? I’d certainly like to continue supporting Josh while developing my skills.

Cheers!
Edwin

15 Likes

Do a search and you will discover this has been asked many times.
The last time I called Josh directly I was told that there is a plan for an intermediate course but no plan at this time for a launch date. I was told it will not happen in 2021.

Check out the 50 Song Challenge section of the forum.
You may be interested in getting involved there.

I do not know how conversant you are with things like music theory but if you are just starting there is a lot to keep you busy for the foreseeable future.

10 Likes

Glad you are here @EchoDeltaV and congrats on finishing the course!

see Filling the post B2B VOID!?!? on options for what you might want to do next, but the 50 Songs Challenge - BassBuzz Forum is a great place to practice your new chops.

8 Likes

Thanks! I’ll explore the forum more. I’m sure there’s a wealth of information here.

6 Likes

Wonderful. I’ll check out those links. Happy to be here!

7 Likes

Welcome to the community @EchoDeltaV Edwin!

4 Likes

Welcome @EchoDeltaV

4 Likes

Welcome @EchoDeltaV

5 Likes

Did it work for you? I hit the big 5 zero in Jan, and still feel about 80

Many of us go for courses at Talkingbass.com.
Mark is also a great teacher, and there are some courses that are really good natural progressions from after completing B2B.

The Scales Essentials is great, and if you create a member account, you can take the first 5 lessons of the course free, to see how you like it.

I have taken and am taking many courses there and they are great.

I also took some private lessons with Josh, which were invaluable, especially after completing B2B, because he really helped me define a roadmap for what to work on, and what resources to use and he helps to identify strengths and weaknesses, so you know where to focus more and where you are doing good.

I had to stop taking them because of health issues, and now I can’t afford to start them back up, but if I can ever afford it again, I will be taking classes with him again.

But even if not @JoshFossgreen , I think @Gio does them too, plus there are lots of other teachers you can meet with live, or online (online works well, even if it seems like it would not), and as long as you get a GOOD teacher, it will do wonders.
If you take a course with a teacher and after a lesson or two, you don’t feel it, look for another one, don’t get stuck with somebody that wants to show you how good they are and just teaches you the same rudimentary scale over and over.

HTH, and welcome to the forum

6 Likes

Hey guys, new to this forum and about to sign up to the course. Hoping its as good as you all say it is and it helps me along my journey.
A bit about me, I turn 49 in a couple of weeks and took up bass last week so that I can jam along with my 11 year old who plays guitar. Spent a while looking through google and settled on a Yamaha TRBX174EW. A number of hours on youtube finally led me to Josh who I thought was great. A bit more research and here we are!! Have had face to face guitar lessons about 25 years ago but thought I’d try online lessons as time is pretty restricted running 2 kids around to sports 6 days a week, so this will give me the flexibility to learn when I desire.
Thats about it for now, hopefully I don’t bug you all too much with questions I’m sure I’ll be asking soon,

Cheers,
BK

13 Likes

Welcome aboard @EchoDeltaV ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @BK ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome @BK. There is no better beginner bass course on the Internet. Well worth more than Josh charges.

Bring on the questions! Chances are good that if you have a question, somebody else has had that same question also. This is a beginner forum so we’re pretty used to going through all the beginner questions that come up.

Whatever you do, don’t sit and stew over a question and let yourself get frustrated. Just throw it out there and somebody will find an answer. :sunglasses: :+1:

7 Likes

Glad you are here @BK
Ask away!

4 Likes

Hi, I’m Charlie and have tried many musical instruments over the years. I kept getting tendinitis with guitar and bass, so I cut out a few strings and can now bang out songs on the ukulele and am trying bass again with an Aklot bass uke. Very much enjoying the course so far (on my first week), and am excited about being able to play along with friends and family who play other instruments.

I’m also learning piano chords, and that has been lots of fun as well. I love 80s music most, but have a pretty wide range of tastes, and doing karaoke with my wife and family (here in the Philippines it is EVERYWHERE) has given me more appreciation for old 70s pop tunes than when I first heard them as a kid.

Mets, Knicks, Giants fan (from New York originally), as well as a charter supporter of the GWS Giants of the AFL (from when I worked in Sydney for a few years). I also love movies, have a couple of kids, lots of white hair and a fondness for beer!

Hi everybody!

12 Likes

Glad you are here @saxacd and hello from NY!

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @BK !

5 Likes