Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome aboard @bignc ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Nothing preventing you from building a bass shed and studio in an outbuilding. I mean, everybody’s got one, right? :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

If I had 50 acres, I would do that in a heartbeat!

7 Likes

That’s one heck of a big studio!

6 Likes

I second the bad back sentiment. I moved around an Orange anchor for a couple years until I acquired a rumble 40. So light. Lots of tone options, knobs and buttons with which to experiment. So much fun!

4 Likes

Hey all you new folks, in case you missed it the forum folks have an ongoing live hang via zoom to let us all meet and greet and connect a little more.

6 Likes

Hi! I’m Joyce. I’m 52, and I’ve just ordered my first bass guitar - it should be here in about a week. Super excited! From elementary school through high school, I played clarinet with the concert and marching bands. That’s pretty much the extent of my musical background. I’ve always loved the sound of a funky bassline, but I used to believe that nonsense about not being able to play bass because my hands are small. I finally decided to ignore all that and go for it! I can’t wait to get started!

13 Likes

Welcome aboard, @joyce . . . :slight_smile:

Glad to have you with us and hope you enjoy your time here!

Cheers
Joe

5 Likes

Welcome @joyce
Your hands are just the right size. Go for it!

5 Likes

Hey, thanks!

5 Likes

Good afternoon everyone. My name is Jeff and I’m a 53 year old neophyte. I’ve never played a musical instrument in my life. For the past couple years I’ve kicked around learning how to play bass. My Fiancé plays six string often drops a not so subtle hint I should get off my rear and go for it. She’d love for the two of us to jam together.

I finally broke down and went for it. I’m super stoked!

My weapon of choice is a Dark Red Burst Yamana TRBX604 w/Fender Rumble 100. Then a few nights ago (after too many cocktails) I ordered a Satin Lake Placid Blue Fender American Performer Precision Bass :crazy_face:

It’s kind of like buying a car without knowing how to drive. I hope I didn’t screw up too much! Now it’s time to put in the work.

14 Likes

Thank you! :grinning:

5 Likes

Hey everyone. My name is Jeff, I’m 33 years old from Oklahoma, and I’ve been a guitarist since I was 14. After trying out bass for a bit at a Guitar Center, I got intrigued and decided to get a bass and learn it. I bought this course a long time ago now and have been hesitant to start due to nerves I guess, but I’m starting today. I currently have a Squier Bronco Bass.

15 Likes

Glad you are here @joyce

As long as you have hands, you can play bass.

5 Likes

Glad you are here @KingChill

Welcome to the dark side, it’s fun here.

4 Likes

Can’t go far wrong with MIA Performer P, unless Fender QC is asleep at the wheel.

Although you do realise that your next purchase is going to be a bass in the neighbourhood of $2500 and up.

5 Likes

Welcome @KingChill

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @joyce , @Mustangjeff , & @KingChill !

4 Likes

Thank you!

5 Likes

Welcome @joyce , @Mustangjeff and @KingChill

5 Likes