Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

I really prefer Ibanez and Yamaha over Fender myself. No shame in that.

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @Billybass ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Welcome @Billybass !

6 Likes

Thanks everyone. Happy to be aboard!

7 Likes

Glad you are here @Billybass

6 Likes

Welcome @Billybass
I had an Ibanez 5 string fretless at one time and really liked it. I also prefer Ibanez or Yamaha (or my current ESP) over Fender.

There’s a thread here for Ibanez lovers.

5 Likes

Yes, more lefties!

6 Likes

11 Likes

Welcome @Billybass What about your Ibanez makes them your favorites? I’m only on my first bass (used squire p-bass) and am always curious to learn more.

5 Likes

Welcome @Billybass

5 Likes

How ya going Toby, @T_dub ,
have ya got your computer stuff sorted :thinking:

5 Likes

Terrible, and NO, but thanks for reminding me. :wink::joy::joy::joy:

No, things are difficult for me right now, and I dont even think I cN afford $300 to get going with a Mac Mini and a monitor just yet.
Ipad it is for now, still.
This is why I am not posting so much.

But hopefully my fortunes change soon, and I can get a new mac mini or something, soon.

7 Likes

Welcome to all the newcomers since my last post in this thread. :+1: :+1: :+1:

If you have not signed up for the B2B course you are missing out big time and you should check it out.
There is no better course and no risk!!!

All The Best and Stay Safe.

5 Likes

Okay, my first post in the forums…

@billybass, I share your liking for Ibanez basses. I’m on my second, an SR885 I bought new in ? 1992. Now vintage, I guess, much like its owner.

REALLY narrow neck, which suits me fine since I have small hands (I’m really a clarinet player, bass was just a sideline that kinda took over).

Always was a bit noisy, tho’. As a retirement project I’m considering swapping out the pickups. Not trivial finding something because of the narrow string spacing, and there aren’t that many jazz 5-string pickups out there anyway.

12 Likes

Look at the Nordstrand Blade pickups. Jazzy, and once you look at them you’ll see why string spacing isn’t an issue with these.

Check out the big j-blade 5

8 Likes

Glad you are here @olbhd

7 Likes

Welcome @olbhd !

6 Likes

Welcome @olbhd

6 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. I had a look at the Nordstrand website. They appear to be just single-coil. right? I’m kinda hoping for hum-cancelling pickups - the reason I’m upgrading is that the existing pickups seem to be prone to hum. I’m going to take my courage in both hands and pull those out the beastie this evening to have a wee look. (Yes, I’m Scots. Can’t help it, I was born that way.)

5 Likes

I put Seymour Duncan Apollos in my Jazz. They are Linear Humbuckers, each pole is wound separately and are hum cancelling, and come in 5 string. Another thought.

4 Likes