Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Glad you are here @Low-end_Ryan

Enjoy the journey.
You have already also found the beauty of upgrading and GAS, another fun journey.

5 Likes

Welcome @Low-end_Ryan

4 Likes

@T_dub

I do want to offer you all a warm welcome, you have found Avery

Whose Avery, and where did he go?

3 Likes

Welcome @Low-end_Ryan !

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @Low-end_Ryan ,
Now you have smashed the course, it sounds like your ready to post some covers.
Visit the user video index under the forum heading, and set yourself up and share your progress with us all.
Playing drums will have certainly assisted you in picking up the bass,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

@Low-end_Ryan

You can also check out the course extras 50 Songs and the “Challange” that is now part of the forum. You can do them any time, no worries about dates.

6 Likes

I will have to ask my spell UNChecker.

Pretty sure it was supposed to say A Very Good Place.

Those that know me, know my computer crashed recently, and I hate typing on virtual keyboard with spell changer, so my posts recently have been riddled with stupid crap like that.

Dont get me wrong, I can make stupid mistakes on my own, I just dont need ipad’s spell Changer / UN checker helping me out.

Good find tho, you had fun with it, I laughed, all is good.

5 Likes

Thats Crap Toby, @T_dub ,
whatever your on i want some :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Breathe air, and you are on what I am on. Lol.
Missed that boat by a few years.

My Dr’s have tried a few meds over the past few months.
No lie.

Each one I had to stop because within a couple days on them, I was having zero short temr memory, to completely losing time, where I could not have told you what I had been doing for the past 2-4 hours, and one of them (a few months back now, like Feb). I ended up in the ER cuz I didnt know who I was, where I was, nothing. My daughter had to call 911 and have them take me to the ER til it wore off enough and I could remember my name and address and day of week, etc…

And, I know what you are thinking.

If one feels good, two feels better, 3 is great, 4 is black out, 5 is hospital……

No, I was taking all these meds as prescribed, not taking more then I was supposed to, I just had bad reactions to them.

Couple times, the Dr tried me on 3 new meds, and it happened.
Then 3 different meds, same thing happened.

Finally, I now tell him, no. We do one med at a time. If it works with no side effects for a month, then we can add one. Etc….

I still had one time where the 3rd one gave me problems, but I cut it before it got bad. I started recognizing behaviors consistent with the other problems, and stopped taking it right away, and got to the dr before it got bad again.

I hate meds. I cant wait to get my knees replaced, and get active, drop weight, and can stop taking meds all together.

I have weird side sffects to so many things.

They give you a pill to help you sleep.
You knoek out, and sleep like a baby.

I take it and I roll around in bed with restless legs, cant get comfortable in any position, and dont get a wink of sleep.

Then, they give you something that gives you energy, and you feel good and alert all day
I cant get out of bed and sleep all day

Crazy, yeah, thats me in a nutshell.

6 Likes

All good Toby, @T_dub ,
you are up late tonight??

3 Likes

not really its only 10.30 pm

3 Likes

Yeah, still really early for me.
I was just playing along with you.
It was all true,
But No, you don’t want nt any of what I had :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

How about something like this?

Limited-time deal: Arteck Ultra-Slim Bluetooth Keyboard Compatible with iPad 10.2-inch/iPad Air/iPad 9.7-inch/iPad Pro/iPad Mini, iPhone and Other Bluetooth Enabled Devices Including iOS, Android, Windows, Black Amazon.com

3 Likes

I had one that stopped working.
I got another and use it some, but it is still smaller then whatt I am used to, so I can’t type as easily as I am used to.
Yes, it is much better, I am using it right now.
I like it better then the virtual keyboard, but its not the same.
I have a mouse that I got a while back (before I had the Imac) and it helped alot too, but it stopped scrolling, which was the best part of haaving it…
So, between the keyboard, the mouse and the ipad with my hand, it is better then nothing, but still not ideal, or what I want to end up with for my complete package.

I still want a computer for sure.

Things that suck about the blu tooth keyboard and mouse are, if you grab the Ipad and take it in the next room, and did not turn off the keyboard, or mouse, then the Ipad won’t function normally until you go find them and turn them off.

again, WAY better then nothing (( just got the new keyboard a few days ago, the old one stopped working when I set it back up when the imac died, and at the same time, the mouse works, but again, no scrolling.

Better then not having them (and they are pretty cheap), but still ends up being way funkier to use then just a Imac or Macbook or mac mini with regular mac keyboard, mouse and track pad.

Thanks for the link tho.

3 Likes

I feel you @paktalin! Måneskin’s baselines always makes me want to go home and practice more bass - she’s absolutely killing it.

5 Likes

Hi all
Been playing on and off since around 2004 or so and like most music, especially jazz and funk style. Since lockdown I’ve started putting in a lot more effort into improving. Look forward to meeting you all.

12 Likes

Welcome @HowLowCanYouGet

5 Likes

Welcome @HowLowCanYouGet !

5 Likes

LOL I’m running behind…welcome to our new peeps!

6 Likes

Welcome @HowLowCanYouGet

5 Likes