Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome to the group @60HzHum

10 Likes

Glad you joined us @Dustan_James

7 Likes

Welcome @wrxloaf & @Bassferatu

Love that orange bass. I was looking to pick up the one you have but ended up with a G&L Kiloton instead
20220614_140934

12 Likes

Thanks, Still feel kind of shitty, and its been hard using my fretting hand with snyhigh degree of accuracy, but gettung better day by day.

7 Likes

Thank you

7 Likes

@wrxloaf Welcome to BassBuzz!

Here is Josh’s video on learning Hysteria…
How to Play Hysteria on Bass (10 Simple Steps + Tabs)

@Bassferatu Welcome to BassBuzz!

Here is Josh’s video on pick playing…
How to Play Bass With a Pick (from an ex-Pick Hater)

Check out this thread. Lots of others doing the same.
The PICK thread

8 Likes

I love that bass too, would love to test one out someday

7 Likes

Hello Everyone! My name is Andrew and I just started Josh’s B2B course.

I played the trumpet when I was in middle school many moons ago but wasn’t really into it so I stopped. Decided that I was going to finally learn an instrument that I did like. So, here I am! I am still towards the beginning of the course but already I am better at bass than I ever was at the trumpet. That just tells you how much I hated the trumpet, and middle school come to think of it!

Thank God those days are long gone. I am having fun so far and really enjoying myself. Cheers to the next 43 years!

15 Likes

Welcome @asikes, glad you joined us

9 Likes

Welcome @asikes . You will be overwhelmed by all the support and encouragement you receive from the nicest forum on the interwebz. Welcome to the subterranean abyss.

9 Likes

Glad you are here @asikes

8 Likes

Welcome, @asikes. Glad you’re here and enjoying the course. Josh is a great teacher. Have fun!

8 Likes

Welcome to the family @asikes

9 Likes

Welcome @asikes Andrew!

8 Likes

Welcome aboard @asikes ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

8 Likes

Welcome @asikes

8 Likes

Hey Josh and fellow Bassists, Norm Dezius (Deaches) from Australia, the Country Music Capital in fact Tamworth NSW.
Motor Technician to Partner in a Mitsubishi Dealership loved teaching trained many technicians and dealers in Fuel Injection and workshop principles, so did Teaching Degree in 50s, taught High School Industrial Arts and Computer Studies, began musical interests from Dad had a Harmonica all through childhood, Mum enrolled me in Steel Guitar course, hated it, but completed at 15 and never touched an instrument until 60, got Harmonica going and Daughter bought me a Banjo, learned that, love it, but old blokes I play with want a bass player more than a Banjo player so here I am at 73, like it a lot. looking forward to understanding the techniques etc, thank you Norm

15 Likes

G’day @normnett . Welcome to the forums from sunny Queensland

8 Likes

good onya Mac, bloody cold down here at the moment the breeze must be coming off snow somewhere. Thanks for the shout out mate.

8 Likes

Welcome aboard @normnett ,
Enjoy the ride, good part of the world you live in :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

8 Likes