Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

If the new phone she needs is an iPhone 12, that would create additional room for a very nice extra bass on top of the course. :grin:

8 Likes

Welcome everyone!

I love that the “better half talk” is a common issue. I always have to undervalue my gear when I talk about it.

“Oh, what? This little pedal with BeatBuddy written on it? A bargain I say! Traded 10 packs of rice for it”.

The “a friend lent me for an indefinite amount of time” version is also a goto excuse

8 Likes

@gcancella or getting a new bass delivered to your buddy to sneak in during a safe time. :rofl:
Jamie

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Bandit! Sounds like you’ve got nice gear to learn on. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Just stopped in to say hello, my real name is David, I’m 67 years old and am just getting back into learning to play the bass after about a 35 year break so I’m starting over. I just retired April of 2019 and after traveling around visiting my kids and grand kids for a year I have settled down and am ready to put my nose to the grindstone and finally “really” learn to play the bass. Back in the day a girlfriend of mine, at the time, bought me a 1978 Rickenbacker 4001 Stereo bass as a birthday gift, now don’t hate me too much, but, I had to sell that bass a couple of years later to make a car insurance payment, yea, I know, to this day I’m still kicking myself for that lame move. Anyway, I just picked up a 1986 Peavey Foundation in a rare tobacco burst color that is in like new condition, I’m in love with it and waiting on some new strings to arrive and I’ll be starting the B2B course. Anyway, just wanted to stop in to say hello. Catch everyone on the flip side.

11 Likes

Welcome @Doc! Show us some pics of that tobacco burst in Show Us Your Basses!

5 Likes

Welcome aboard David, you are going to have fun.
Jamie

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @Doc,
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome @Doc
Sounds like you have good taste in basses!

5 Likes

I can’t believe nobody said it yet :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

**WHAT’S UP @Doc **

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Welcome Doc

6 Likes

Welcome @Doc!
Enjoy the course and your bass :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes, immediate access. I chose the payment plan.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @Doc!

6 Likes

Thanks Josh. Really looking forward to starting B2B. Your youtube videos are so well balanced

8 Likes

Welcome, David!

… ouch. That must’ve hurt.

5 Likes

Waskly wabbits, lol

5 Likes

Hi @peterhuppertz,
I would never sell either of mine,
Sorry I’d better rephrase that, I did say I may sell one to @Mac a couple of weeks ago.
It may have scratch marks on it as he pries it out of my hands though.
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Thanks bro @TNKA36 :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Hi
I’m Sandy, really enjoying the course but am stuck on Billie Jean, of course! I can do the notes, speeding up will just take time but its keeping my notes sharp and not twanging that I am really struggling with. Finding it hard to move on until I have at least nailed the slow work out on this one. Any tips. Maybe I don’t have my hands in the right position generally?

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum @sandywaters36!

Like you, several members had some issues with Billie Jean. Here are 2 topics you can explore and expose your issues:

8 Likes