Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome @jwademusic19

2 Likes

My LTD is a D-4. The range of lefthand basses to choose from is unfortunatly very limited. So I always have to took what is available here in Germany.
For me, the two basses feel quite similar when I play them. The is is very subjective thing I think.
I once played a Lefthand MM Stingray and it was great! But for a new one, I did not want to spend the money (especially when I own 5…) and 2nd hand is very very rare for leftys.
But it is one my whishlist! Some day, I will have one!

5 Likes

Is it a D-4E?

The one that is built neck thru, not bolt on? That’s the way my B-4E is. I like the D-4E also, it is different body shape, possibly pick up design?
I got mine 2nd hand, but BRAND NEW IN BOX. FOR 1/2 retail price. Very good deal.

2 Likes

Yep, it is the neck through one. It was a price drop at Thomann, in my opinion maybe a mistake. I got it brand new for 380 Euros, about 446 Dollars.

4 Likes

Yeah, I got mine for $380. The guy bought it and it sat in his closet for about 3 years, then he decided to sell it, still in the box. Not only are thy great to play, and feel great, they are incredible to look at, just stunning.

I would love to have an F-4E. Those are cool, I am sure there was somebody on this forum that got one.

3 Likes

Hi @Trev1 it’s mostly bass now as I have a commitment in a band so focus on that.

I do still play the acoustic occasionally for fun and use it when I try my hand at songwriting. Still love it.

Not enough hours in the week!!

5 Likes

Understatement of the year :wink:

3 Likes

hi im John I joined a little while ago but was waiting for getting back to work before starting again im looking to join the course B2B soon but thought I’d say hello
I’ve been playing bass for about 2 years I can play a few tunes nothing special, was looking to further my playing with a few like minded bassists.

I like all types of music but prefer funk and rock music, but want to learn more,i look forward to talking with a few of you.

11 Likes

Welcome @Spursfan52

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @Spursfan52!

5 Likes

Welcome @Spursfan52

5 Likes

@Spursfan52 welcome to the forum, you will enjoy the course it’s the best around.
jamie

5 Likes

Thank you for the welcome

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum John @Spursfan52!

8 Likes

Thanks Josh appreciate the welcome

9 Likes

Welcome aboard @Spursfan52,
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

:+1:cheers mate

8 Likes

Hi John. Anyone brave enough to call themselves @Spursfan52 has to command respect :fist:
I’m a long suffering Forest fan :joy:
I’m a noob to the group too. About to start B2B.
Let me know when you kick off if you want to trade notes :+1:

9 Likes

Welcome @Spursfan52, glad you joined up and are going to be starting the course.
In case you didn’t know, you can purchase the Online course, and make 5 payments, so it doesn’t cost so much up front, but you get full access to the whole course and the course material immediately after you sign up.
For that matter, you can purchase the DVD course and split it into 5 easy payments as well, but if you purchase the DVD course, you ALSO get immediate access to the online material and can get started right away.
I am guessing that you want to get back to work so it is easier to pay for the course, but once you get back to work. It is harder to find time for lessons and practice, at least for me it would be. That is why I am telling you about the easy way to start the lessons immediately with a low up front cost.
Either way, you will love it when you start it, either now, or after getting back to work. And welcome again.

7 Likes

Welcome @Spursfan52 and @Sherman!
Apart from exchanging notes you guys can always ask for help or advice in the forum. We are happy to help if we can :slight_smile:

6 Likes