Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Hi thanks for replying. am so enjoying this course - as you may have seen from my comments on certain lessons.

am up to module 5, and taking it a bit slower now, especially after billie jean!!!

we go back to TKD on weds this week and karate on friday! cant wait.

I got one of those vox headphone amps for when i go back to sea, so i an keep practicing, hopefully i will be a badass by then. looking forward to see if you do another course for all your badass alumni,
thats it for now take care.

Bex

7 Likes

What a difference the Solo Strap Neo makes. Thanks for the recommendation!

6 Likes

Hi All!

Big procrastinator here. It’s taken me a while to introduce myself. At a spritely 46 years old I started the B2B course at the end of April and finished it around the middle of June. I’ve been kicking myself ever since for not starting when I was younger as I absolutely love it! I’ve always been into punk, metal, heavy rock and alternative music so I really have no excuses for taking so long to pick up a guitar :blush:.
Now that I’m addicted (and waiting for Josh to release an advanced course :wink:), I’ve been trying to learn more music theory, getting my hands moving efficiently, practice muting techniques and learning songs across all genres. I’ve found the Pixies bass lines are easy to learn, very catchy and give me a lot of confidence. I push myself by learning early Metallica. All Ska is like Billy Jean. Thanks to Josh introducing me to Wilson Pickett I’ve discovered Southern Soul/R&B that teaches me groove and reinforces scales and arpeggios in my mind.
I find this forum a great resource and will definitely be around here in future.

13 Likes

Welcome aboard @MattG
Enjoy the ride
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome @MattG

6 Likes

Damn, I wish I was 46 years old. Welcome to the community @MattG!

6 Likes

Welcome aboard youngster @MattG

8 Likes

Welcome @MattG Hope we can share knowledge :smiley:

7 Likes

@MattG as a fellow mid-40s student, welcome!

7 Likes

welcome.

7 Likes

Another 40-something newbie here saying hello. I plan to pickup a bass next week.

I was looking around to find some online instruction and came across this place. I watched some of the videos and think the way Josh presents the material is really good for me, so I intend to stick around.

15 Likes

Welcome @CaveMan. It’s nice to see so many youngsters joining the forum.

6 Likes

Welcome @CaveMan great people and a loads of helpful knowledge here at BassBuzz so you should be able pick it up with all the help you need! I too am in my 40’s I am new to bass but long time guitar player if I can ever be of assistance let me know.

8 Likes

Welcome, @CaveMan !

7 Likes

Welcome aboard @CaveMan,
You won’t be disappointed, you made a great choice.
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @CaveMan!

5 Likes

Welcome @CaveMan

6 Likes

Ok so I love music. Was just never able to find the right fit (till now) to actually learn to play. I tried Learning to play 30 years ago while I was in the Marine Corps. All I seem to do then was drinkin just follow along with what my guitar playing roommate was doing on his guitar. Now I’m ready to learn the right way and have some real fun.

I’m not a health nut but I do love my fitness and weightlifting and all kinds of physical activities. That all came from about 8 years ago I went from 275 pounds down to 200 pounds and have maintained that weight since then.

Can’t wait to meet some new people, make some great friends and have some awesome conversations :notes::musical_note::notes:

14 Likes

There’s a lot of great people on here @Sully3169 from all walks of life with a lot of experience between them. It’s certainly a great place to be :+1:

7 Likes

Hi @Sully I’m a Traeger guy but I enter so many giveaways I’ll probably be a multiple smoker guy before I’m a multiple bass guy :slightly_smiling_face: we got our Silverton at Costco and have really had a blast.

6 Likes