Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome on board!

5 Likes

Welcome @Skypilot

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @Skypilot!

5 Likes

Welcome @Skypilot.
You’ll really enjoy the course I’m sure. They’re very easy to follow and very educational as well as being fun . Josh is the man :+1:
And please post a picture of your inherited bass when you get it. I, for one , am very intrigued to see it

6 Likes

Mac, I posted pics in Show Us Your Basses, but here they are again. It’s a Gibson EB-2 Hollow Body Bass. Don’t know anymore yet.

9 Likes

Very nice . I’ve posted a bit of info up for you with the other pics :+1:

5 Likes

You go Ian!! I was 54 when I started trying to learn. B2B really got me going! Keep at it and be patient. Give yourself grace to fail - it is worth it!

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @Skypilot,
You have come to the right place👍
Josh’s b2b will keep you motivated and have you heading in the right direction.
Enjoy the ride, looking forward to seeing a pic of the bass😎
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Just scrolled down and saw the pics, looks awesome,:+1::sunglasses:cheers Brian

5 Likes

Hi there, I’m Yann from Canada and I play guitar since 20 years now. I want to learn Bass guitar because, its a mysterious instrument for me :slight_smile: I like the look and sound but I never had the chance to learn and play, too busy with others ‘‘hobbys’’. Now I have the time to learn something new and we’ll see :slight_smile:

Cheers and thanks!

8 Likes

Welcome @yann1337

5 Likes

That sounds awesome @muff. You’ve got some serious talent

4 Likes

I miss @muff. Wonder what he’s up to.

5 Likes

Welcome @yann1337

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @yann1337,
Enjoy the ride.
Brian

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @yann1337!

6 Likes

Hey everyone…I am a bit older and played drums around the state of Michigan for 30 years. Got tired of always being way in the back so decided to try my hand at bass. I found Josh on Youtube and really connected with his sense of humour and the way he communicated and played. I’m about half way through the Beginner To Badass course and feel like I’m learning. Sometimes I have to slow it down and prepare a little more for the play alongs but by the end of the lesson I’m usually all over it. ( okay maybe not all over Diatonic Chords ) Nice to meet you all and if I’m being honest I’ll have to admit I’ve wondered a bit about the bananna myself!!

9 Likes

@kidgalahad14 Welcome to BassBuzz!

We don’t talk about the banana… :zipper_mouth_face::rofl:

4 Likes

My Bad…lesson learned!

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum and bass playing @kidgalahad14

Regarding the banana…

The first rule about banana club is you don’t talk about banana club.
The second rule about banana club is you don’t talk about banana club.

4 Likes