Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Pam I would respond but am now painfully aware that one does not talk about…well you know. Thanks for the heads up!!

5 Likes

@kidgalahad14 :rofl: :rofl: :smile_cat:

4 Likes

Hi Everyone,
I played guitar for years but was never any good. Got into drums a few years ago and I love them, but decided to give the bass a try. Haven’t gotten a bass yet, but I will be very soon

7 Likes

Welcome to the group @kidgalahad14!

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @Retta75

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @kidgalahad14,
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @Retta75,
Enjoy the ride.
Brian

5 Likes

8 Likes

Using the Yamaha logo as a profile icon is a good sign :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Lol the ones I’m looking at are the Fender affinity jazz or an Ibanez. Gonna hit up the music store tomorrow and try a few out.

7 Likes

Ibanez are great, similar to modern Yamahas in a lot of ways :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Welcome @Retta75 and @kidgalahad14

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @kidgalahad14 & @Retta75!

5 Likes

Welcome @Retta75

5 Likes

Welcome Denny @Skypilot! Nice bass inheritance, sounds like maybe an EB-2? EDIT: yep, there it is in the photos! Very cool. Take good care of that thing!

Welcome @yann1337 and @kidgalahad14 and @Retta75!

5 Likes

Hi there, I’ve just started the lessons and been enjoying them a lot!
It all started after watching an Iron Maiden video on YouTube, next video on playlist was Josh’s 7 reasons Steve Harris is a metal bass legend. The great content of the other YouTube videos, like the tribute to Cliff Burton, made me subscribe to channel and get interested in the free lessons.
From there, bought a bass and fulfilled my childhood dream. My parents didn’t allow me to do music back then, so it’s a very complex emotion to be finally doing it.
Feels great to be learning!
Thanks

8 Likes

Welcome to the community @felipe!

3 Likes

Welcome @felipe

3 Likes

Hi all, I’ve recently decided to take up the bass. Our band had 3 guitarists and no bass player so I made the switch. I’m loving it and wish I had started learning the bass sooner.
I’m in my 50’s but believe you’re never too old to learn something new.
I love Josh’s videos, they are entertaining and easy to follow. Thanks Josh!
Looking forward to becoming a skilled bass player rather than “good enough” :wink:

8 Likes

Welcome @felipe

4 Likes