Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome @Kapri64

5 Likes

Welcome @felipe, congrats on starting with bass!

Welcome to the dark side @Kapri64 :space_invader:, stay out of treble! :musical_score:

9 Likes

Welcome to the community @Kapri64!

4 Likes

I am backkkkkkk - after far too long of a hiatus - broken hand, i pushed it too soon, removed cast - had to have it reset by the hospital etc etc - i have been a good boy this time and shall restart my course - i was in the 9th section - so prob halfway thru. Not sure my dexterity will be great - but i just wanna get the hand moving. Anyway - hope everyone is well and learning lots. Cheers from Toronto

9 Likes

Welcome back @Graphics1988!

4 Likes

Welcome back!

4 Likes

Welcome to the jungle @felipe and @Kapri64

And welcome back @Graphics1988
Broken hands can be tricky. My busted right hand still gives me pain after a good few years ( they left a plate in it after 3 surgeries and a bone graft and the bone began to grow over the screws so it’s still in there!)
Taught me not to punch mirrors off cars even if they almost kill you :joy:

5 Likes

hahaha - thanks man. Mirrors - 7 years bad luck too, eeeekkkk! I’ve had a few of these hand breaks (boxers break) - but this one i rushed the cast off - literally so i could do this course - its an addiction…but, then i started using it again at work and it started to throb sooooo bad - so…had to have it reset and braced - if it breaks again - im screwed…literally. plates/screws/graft…like yours. Thanks for the nice words everyone - gunna start back at my course tomorrow night. Cheers

4 Likes

Punched a car downward to the hood for that once, glad I didn’t break my little finger palm bone - hurt like a mofo :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The guy concerned had just bounced me, pillion and Harley off another car by trying to squeeze through instead of giving way like should have. I lost the plot, hit the stem instead of the mirror . They don’t break :joy:

4 Likes

That’s worse than mine. Mine was simple, the guy was trying to dive out from a line of stopped cars, in to me - also stopped, right next to his front fender, right in front of his face.

3 Likes

Welcome back @Graphics1988

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @Kapri64,
Enjoy the ride
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @felipe,
Enjoy the ride
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Hi everybody! I’m almost 40, I live in Texas, I’m a psychotherapist, and I’m a divorced mom of two. After years and years and yearrrrrrs of saying, “Oh, dude, I should totally learn to play bass!” I am thrilled to report that I’ve been learning for a month now. I absolutely LOVE it. I’ve always been a little self-conscious about my large lady-hands, but these big ol’ paws are finally coming in handy!

Three months ago, I quit drinking and broke up with my long-term boyfriend. Both are ultimately really positive things, but I can’t lie: breakups and sobriety are especially daunting during Pandemic 2020! Anyway, the B2B lessons have been adding some much-needed structure to my freshly lonely Quarantine Life-- it’s something to look forward to every single day, a productive way to keep busy, and it’s FUN. (There’s only so much Netflix one can watch after the kiddos go to bed, you know?)

I’ve also been teaching myself various Pixies bass lines – easy and rewarding – and my neighbors might kill me if they hear “Gigantic” one more time.

I look forward to getting to know y’all!

16 Likes

Hi @Molly, welcome to the forums! Playing a musical instrument is a great way to keep yourself occupied in a positive way. Keep rocking!

6 Likes

Welcome @Molly

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @Molly!

4 Likes

Great that you have taken up the bass. I am sure a psychotherapist needs an outlet every once in a while.

5 Likes

Hi everyone I’m Belle
I’m new here
Just turned 51 and decided it was high time I stopped putting of learning to play the bass.
Let’s hope I didn’t leave it too late.
I’m loving the lessons so far, everything feels natural and really well thought out, even my pinky is doing what it’s told (So far)
Hope everyone is safe and well in this mad world
Stay safe people
Belle

10 Likes