Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome @rmcmullin

6 Likes

Hi. My name is **** and I really love bass. I first got into bass from YouTubers such as Davie504. Then I finally decided to get a bass and that’s around the same time I found Josh and BassBuzz. I may sound like Sid Vicious when I play but I’m still learning and eventually I’ll sound like the likes of Marcus Miller, Victor Wooten and maybe even the man, the myth, the legend… Josh Fossgreen!

10 Likes

@BassBassBass
Hi ****! I am also new to this group (actually, I see that I’m newer than you are) and just recently made the decision to learn bass.
I like a lot of genres of music, but I love listening to Marcus Miller. One of my hopes it to eventually be able to play some of his music. The only downside is that my wife calls it “old man music”, lol. I think she’s grateful that I’m going to get a headphone amp so she doesn’t have to listen to me all the time :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Welcome @Dan_Y!

Playing the music that the house hold can enjoy is a big game changer. Suddenly your practice time becomes family time! Depends if you want that though!

I am learning Hysteria from Muse for my wife right now :smiley:

9 Likes

Hysteria is a tough one if you haven’t built up stamina. Good luck :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Ah so you went for it! Good luck!

9 Likes

Hi everyone and greetings from the UK ! Like a lot of people on here, i have never played a musical instument in my life but am loving learning bass with Josh

WARNING : this course is addictive ! Set out on the 3 month schedule…now 1 week later have completed 5 modules !!!

13 Likes

Welcome @andrew1bullock

6 Likes

Hello fellow Brit :wave:

4 Likes

Yeah! Thanks! I can already nail the main riff half tempo… :slight_smile:

7 Likes

:wave:

6 Likes

Welcome @andrew1bullock

5 Likes

:wave:

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @andrew1bullock!

5 Likes

Welcome @Dan_Y

5 Likes

I retired from a career in law enforcement in 2004 and am active in volunteering which keeps me out of trouble (most of the time). My passion for over 40 years has been to coach youth basketball at various ages but sadly, due to the virus, my whistle has been put away until life gets back to some sort of normalcy here in Alberta, Canada.

I decided to become a quilter/bag maker last year as a hobby and I’m currently making a weighted blanket for a air force vet buddy of mine. In my spare time I take to the skies in flight sims and my challenge over the coming months will be to learn how to handle a F/A 18C Hornet in DCS World.

My late brother-in-law was an accomplished bass player, and a month ago I came across your site and decided to take on a new challenge at 67 and learn how to play. My wife isn’t fussy about the potential noise coming from my basement man cave so I’ll be looking for a device to eliminate the “problem”, haha.

I haven’t purchased a bass yet but I’m hoping to get a Yamaha 504 this weekend.

I look forward to meeting everyone over the coming months.

Harold

14 Likes

Welcome aboard, @Hoopscoach . . . :slight_smile:

We hope you enjoy your time with us!

Cheers, Joe

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @Hoopscoach!

5 Likes

Welcome paul - am also a uk based beginner, hope you enjoy it as much as i do

6 Likes

Welcome @andrew1bullock and @Hoopscoach !

6 Likes