Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Very cool brother! Welcome

1 Like

I’m just stoked on the Archer profile photo… I think we’ll get along.
Welcome!

4 Likes

Thanks, everyone
@Jazzbass19 - all second hand gear but that gives them embellished origin stories. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Greetings. Just started and 3 modules down. Loving the course so far. I started out playing an Ibanez guitar through Rocksmith with Bass emulation. Stripped off the useless B and high E strings. Finally bit the bullet last week and splashed out on a Yammie TRBX504 with an Orange Crush 50 Amp. The amp is ridiculously overpowered for my needs now, but OMG it sounds lush. Neighbours? meh.

7 Likes

Excellent choices :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome! Nice choice buying a Yamaha. I have a red and black Yammie BB235 5-String myself.

1 Like

Hello Robert here new to bass world alot to grasp, starting out with TRBX 304 yamaha and Fender baseman 60 used. Now all i need is coin to start Josh’s lessons. At 71 years young hope start garage band called WE THE PEOPLE may have cart before the horse as you know have to start sometime. Josh what rings true to me as you said is starting off on wrong method of lessons can be frustrating your method eliminates that.

9 Likes

Excellent choice for both the guitar and the amp! The Bassman is a classic line.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard, @boatracer88 . . . :slight_smile:

You’re off to a solid start with equipment. You’ll enjoy the course, too!

All best, Joe

1 Like

Ok…When my Dad passed away a coulpe years ago he left 3 guitars and a bass. I have two brothers so I decided, being the oldest, to let them have the guitars and I would take the bass…and the amp that came with it. Now the only thing I’ve ever played was drums back in my younger days…never had an interest in learning guitar, tho I love music itself. Anyways I picked up the bass one day, plugged it in and started messing around, and fell in love with it. The bass itself is a 1968 Silvertone sold by Sears, along with a Solid State Bass 35 amp from the same year. SInce then I’ve aquired a new Ibanez GSR200B that I am trying to learn with. I waited a long time…heh…63 years old now and loving music even more!

7 Likes

Welcome @Redneck

2 Likes

Welcome aboard, @Redneck . . . :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello All!
So I decided to pick up a sub $100 bass on amazon, to tinker with and see if i will actually use it. Been playing around an hour a day for a week, now getting used to things. I really am liking it an look forward to improving my skills and eventually upgrading. I am not a musician, but i tinker a lot, I own several digital and analog synths, as native-instrument maschine micro and maschine jam, with a large library of sound packs. Mostly i make music with that stuff for video games. I do some indie game development in my spare time… But really want to break the mold of point and click, or dialing in knobs and actually jam the old fashion way. I am slowly learning the natural notes and finger placements on the frets for the E and A strings, after that i will move on to the D and G. Coming from no formal musical background i am sure it’s gonna take some time… but i’m having fun, and that’s what its all about.

7 Likes

Good attitude, and welcome aboard @method72 . . . :slight_smile:

Hope you enjoy your time with us and see you around the Forums!

All best, Joe

2 Likes

Hi @method72 and welcome! I started out with that same $89.99 bass from Amazon, just to see if I’d like it. I was immediately hooked! A month later, I bought a Yamaha BB235 5-string. I knew I would eventually want to go to 5 strings, so I figured I may as well do it while I was still learning to play so I could get used to the extra string.
I hope you enjoy learning and playing as much as I have. Josh is a great instructor and I’ve learned a lot from the B2B course. So will you!

3 Likes

Welcome @method72! You’ve come to the right place to learn all things Bass… And yes, it is fun!!

3 Likes

Thanks for this…I am 58 too and have just started learning the bass. The music teacher at school wasn’t confident about my timing and it really put me off. I am loving Josh’s videos. Thanks.

7 Likes

Welcome @Richard_UK . . . :slight_smile:

We hope you enjoy your time with us!

All best, Joe

1 Like

Thankyou Joe, I had my first lesson last week and absolutely loved it. I have been watching the videos from #bassbuzz to reinforce waht the teacher told me about hand positions/muting etc. They are spot on. Can’t wait for my 2nd lesson tomorrow.

Thanks for the welcome

Richard

5 Likes

Welcome @Richard_UK. Josh is a fine instructor and there’s a great bunch of people here.

3 Likes