Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome @robertcoble68

5 Likes

Welcome @robertcoble68

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @robertcoble68,
Enjoy the ride, especially with your son, what a great opportunity.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @robertcoble68!

3 Likes

Hi @robertcoble68 welcome to bb

3 Likes

Yeah, we’re both stoked!

4 Likes

Hi. I’m Cesar. Finally got my first bass I’ve been waiting for since September last year. I have no previous music experience except when I played the clarinet in school. That’s 45 years ago.

Unboxing ceremony and setup done. I’m into module 1 of the course. Huh! … my fingers are hurting.

15 Likes

Welcome @cesarimpelido

Nice looking set up you have there :+1:

4 Likes

Welcome @cesarimpelido!

4 Likes

You’ll love the TRBX604 :slight_smile:

That transparent black is such a good color. Your photo is one of the first I have ever seen that brings out its true color like it looks in person - most pics of it just look black, but I love all the subtle blues and greys in the flame maple. Gorgeous color.

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @cesarimpelido,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Welcome @cesarimpelido!
That is one great looking bass.

4 Likes

Welcome @cesarimpelido

4 Likes

Been playing guitar for a long time I was considered an Intermediate, but stopped taking lessons in late teens. Played on and off over the years, but never really got into the lead and playing guitar all that much, plus every time is showed up to play somewhere like 4 guitarist were there. LOL typical. Everyone would look around and say do you know a bass player and all would look at each other and say no. I play the Bass Trombone as well a Bach 50b, but never seem to find a place with other players. Just turned 51 and saw BassBuzz on the internet and found that I actually wanted to learn to play the bass, and If I ever get good enough I can show up with bass in hand and likely they will be looking for a bass player, they seem to be in a short supply here. I went ahead and bought the Sire V7 5 string and started your course. Hope the Sire is a good Bass. I am excited to move forward. Liked the answer to resting your Thumb on the B string which I have been doing seems to be easier than trying to use the pickup. I like the fact you explained how to relax your hand and not push hard with the thumb and keep the hand in upright position makes it easier to play without strain on the thumb, never was taught that on the Guitar as well, it seems to transfer back to Guitar easy as well I don’t get as tired. Thanks for the heads up.

14 Likes

Welcome to the course and to the Forums, @weedhopper . . . :slight_smile:

Lots of us started learning bass later on in life!

Cheers, Joe

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @weedhopper!

4 Likes

Welcome @weedhopper

8 Likes

@weedhopper the Sire V7 is one of my favorite basses. Very versatile and you can dial in a range of tone! I want one terribly bad but every place I look does not have them in stock they are on back order from the factory. Glad you made it here with all of these great folks. I look forward to seeing that Sire in a video one day.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @weedhopper,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Welcome @robertcoble68, @cesarimpelido and @weedhopper !

7 Likes