Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Greeting and welcome.
I Love to use yousian too. It’s my fun zone. Like the Notation option and notes. I don’t use the tab on yousian.
Welcome and enjoy the course. Lots of Kool people on forum.

7 Likes

Glad you are here @rachellelynn0531. I am still stretching my fingers hands, its a journey. You may find certain basses work better for you (jazz vs. P) @bofhgirl uses Daisy Rocks basses that are designed for women, which may also help you out.

Hope your dad let’s you borrow some gear. Not sure what the aluminum foil is for though :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Oh man, I might get dragged for this opinion in certain circles (but probably not on the Bassbuzz forums) – I think those Buzzard basses look cool as hell. Welcome @rachellelynn0531. Hope you have an awesome journey with your own music!

9 Likes

Welcome @rachellelynn0531 . RIP dad. He looks like he would have been a really cool dad.

Don’t worry too much about those lady fingers, they will adapt with lots of practice and time.

8 Likes

Haha!!! Never noticed the aluminum foil in the backgrounds!! :rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

I didn’t even notice that, too busy looking at the foil.

@chordsykat
You can have one of your very own…for sale in Jersey. I didn’t ask the price though…

http://www.newjerseyguitarandbasscenter.com/BassesI-Z.html

7 Likes

i am excited to get started i havent played in a year and ive had about a year of in person lessons. i received these lessons as a gift so
thanks for being here

15 Likes

Welcome @rachellelynn0531 and @brian.webb6

6 Likes

Glad you are here @brian.webb6. You came to the right place

6 Likes

Welcome @brian.webb6!

5 Likes

Welcome @brian.webb6

6 Likes

@rachellelynn0531

You have made a very wise choice coming here.
Even though you do not see it now if you have signed up for the course you will be playing along to songs within the first few lessons.

Will you be using your dad’s bass and amp setup to learn?

Good luck on your journey and do not hesitate to ask questions.
You will not find a friendlier forum on the internet.

8 Likes

@brian.webb6

Welcome to the forum and good luck on your Bass journey.

7 Likes

@Celticstar

Well my dad passed away in 2013 but my mom still has all his gear.

My husband and I are in a Christian rock/blues band, my husband on lead guitar and I sing, so we have a lot of gear already, basically just had to buy a bass guitar.

But I’m kind of secretly learning the bass so I can one day surprise my mom and play my dads gear in front of her. I know it will blow her mind!

17 Likes

That buzzard bass is super rare! Don’t ever get rid of it.

9 Likes

@rachellelynn0531

Very nice.
Are you taking the Beginner to Badass course?

9 Likes

@Celticstar

Yep I am. I’ve just started it but so far it’s awesome.
I was so stoked when I played along to the first song, I made my husband come all the way downstairs to watch me. Lol

9 Likes

@rachellelynn0531

So glad the course is working for you although I do not see how it wouldn’t.
Josh’s method and attitude is so perfect for beginners.

Which song did you play for your husband and what did your husband have to say?

8 Likes

@Celticstar

I phrased that wrong. I should have said the very first tune I played to, referring to the very first tune Josh teaches you in lesson one. It was a simple groove on the E string but when I was successfully playing along with the music, I felt pretty awesome. Lol
My husband was just happy because he saw how excited I was about it. :joy:

10 Likes

@rachellelynn0531

And for people sitting on the fence wondering if Beginner To Badass would be any good it should be pointed out that this right at the beginning and probably in the first day.

Just as it should be :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:
I think most of us Know that feeling.

Sounds like you have great support also.

Just a suggestion - Check out Folsom Prison Blues in the 50 Songs in 100 weeks extras.
There is also a spot in the forum topics link for it.
Take a look at the TAB and I’ll bet you can play along to the whole song in no time at all.

8 Likes