Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Pretty cool live video of the most recent Gang of Four bassist breaking an E mid-song and just keeping on trucking an octave up :slight_smile:

https://youtu.be/KTX1GOEbLtQ?t=1816

String breaks about 20 seconds after that timecode.

6 Likes

Lol since I’ve done it twice I guess I’m definitely doing something wrong

4 Likes

Its all good. You will get it right.

4 Likes

Amazing thanks for linking

4 Likes

Hey all I thought I posted on this topic, apparently I didn’t anyway. Hello all 53 year old from New Jersey been playing on and off since I was 17. Taking the course to help me get better. Looks like a cool place to talk bass. :metal:Let’s Rock!!

13 Likes

Glad you are here @bobnyr67

7 Likes

Welcome @bobnyr67

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @bobnyr67 ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome @bobnyr67 !

5 Likes

It can still take at 53, I think. I will let you know if it took for me in a few years.
Welcome @bobnyr67

6 Likes

welcome @bobnyr67

4 Likes

Just joined the site but I started B2B a couple of weeks ago. I’ve dabbled with bass for about 4 years. Been using it with Rocksmith the entire time. I was taking lessons before a relocation in 2019. Add in some basic sight reading I picked up and I’m not a 100% beginner but I’m not far off it, lol. Looking forward to how B2B will push my learning forward.

Rocksmith is really fun and I love playing it but I couldn’t jam to save my life. I have no idea when left to my own devices on what sounds good etc and wouldn’t want anyone else to suffer through me trying to figure it out.

I’m joining the 50+ crowd in here and really am just picking up bass because I have always enjoyed the sound of it the most. Love music you can feel, lol. No aspirations to jam or gig, just want to get proficient enough to have fun. Maybe play some stuff with my wife if she picks up piano/keyboard again :slight_smile:

I also think learning an instrument will be good for me in the long run. The whole use it or lose it thing. It keeps the mind active as I get closer to being an actual old fart :wink:

13 Likes

welcome @Bortass

5 Likes

Glad you are here @Bortass

50 is the new 30

6 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Sara. A few weeks ago, my best friend and me were talking about how life is too short to not do the things we always wanted to do if they’re within our means. So here I am! Both my wallet and my heart are lighter and I’m really excited about finally getting to play one of my favorite instruments. I played the flute when I was a kid because my parents wanted me to pick something more portable than a bass or a cello. They were working a lot and I had to go to my music lessons on my bike.

Anyway, it’s time to tackle the infamous Billy Jean. :sweat_smile:

18 Likes

Welcome @Bortass

4 Likes

Welcome @riceball

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @Bortass ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @Bortass & @riceball !

5 Likes

Glad you are here @riceball !

6 Likes