5 Likes

Welcome to the community @Bortass and @riceball

4 Likes

Welcome @Bortass and @riceball

4 Likes

@John_E , this means I’m in my late 20’s :smiley:

Yay!

7 Likes

Old guy. Average guitar player…isn’t everyone? I am working to become an average bass player that doesn’t sound like a guitar player playing the bass.

I love the lessons and the attitude… just keep bringing it on!

I believe that Josh is my oldest son’s doppelganger. LOL

12 Likes

Welcome @jdDeal

6 Likes

Welcome @jdDeal

6 Likes

Glad you are here @jdDeal

7 Likes

Welcome aboard @jdDeal ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Haha! I am hitting the Billy Jean lesson today! Should be fun!

8 Likes

@Bortass welcome ! Lots of people your age around here Practice and enjoy !

6 Likes

Work that pinky!

7 Likes

We don’t exactly know what his age is; he only said “old guy”. My sister has been saying she’s old since she was 30, and now she’s 73 so she must be a fossil LOL.

Check out the average age of our forum members in this demographics poll that @Jazzbass19 created some time back.

9 Likes

@PamPurrs he said he was over 50 so yes it could be 51 or 97. Most forums I join I am the oldest so it’s refreshing to see an older demographic

6 Likes

Oh, I missed that :roll_eyes:
PamPurrs <--------- dementia

6 Likes

@PamPurrs haha you still have your sense of humour and that’s the important thing !!

6 Likes

I am a young whipper snapper on the sax forum.
Some of those dudes are as old as my vintage saxes

8 Likes

I’m in the same boat at 58. I’ve always loved the bass but never took the time to learn it. I learned how to read sheet music as a kid, so I have a base to go off of, but now I want to finally learn how to play bass at my ripe age.

6 Likes

Hello my name is Eduardo. I’m a 18 year old mexican. Most of the day I’m a university student stuyding digital design, but on on sunsets en the week and weekends I pick up to practice the bass because it is the only time I have available to practice, but no matter how much timeI have to practice, I’ll always have fun while picking the bass : D

My influences: Davie504, Charles Berthoud, Cliff Burton, Steve Harris and Geddy Lee.

My goals on bass: shred like cliff burton since he is the biggest influenc for me in bass

20 Likes

Welcome @Eduardo
You named some great bass players there :+1:

4 Likes