Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome! Your cover of Hysteria was great. Do you have a guitar background? You had really excellent fretting hand technique, better than mine at about two years in to playing bass.

6 Likes

If that’s a genuine cover after 6 months of playing bass and I truly hope it is you sir and most certainly a prodigy

6 Likes

Thank you @howard

Also I don’t have a guitar background, I think what really helped me with my fretting technique was the 5 levels of bass fingers excercise from bass buzz, I’m currently right now on lv4 and a speed and accuracy excercise from Talking bass

8 Likes

You’re progressing really quickly and doing very well.

6 Likes

Thank U @howard : 3

6 Likes

Welcome @Eduardo

Cliff is great, we lost him too soon.
Do you also Like Robert Trujillo? I actually prefer his older stuff with Suicidal Tendencies and Infectious Grooves, but I still love him as a player.

5 Likes

Yes I also like robert trujillo @T_dub , but I haven’t heard his older stuff with Suicidal Tendecies and Infectious Grooves, since before I began to play bass, I didn’t heard a lot of music, so I’m trying to hear more music to get more in tune with the classics.
(Pardon me if my english is bad)

6 Likes

Your English is excellent.
I have not seen your cover yet, but I am going to watch it soon, I hear it is also excellent.

Her is a fun one with Infectious Grooves (which is a spin off of Suicidal Tendencies)

I just love the punk rock with slap bass

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @Eduardo ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @Eduardo !

5 Likes

Wait. What?!

I remember the cartoon… Um, Animated Series! From when I was very young, but I don’t remember what he did with his bass! LOL

4 Likes

OMG Cliff was a total beast and my favorite! I actually prefer him over Jaco (Shh, don’t tell anyone I said that!)

Welcome @Eduardo !!

5 Likes

@JPHaggerty , it was from the old Hanna-Barbera cartoon series: Yogi Bear, Quick Draw McGraw, Snagglepuss, Huckleberry Hound, etc. etc.

Quick Draw McGraw was “El Kabong” (a spoof of Zorro) . . . he used to clobber his adversaries over the head with the acoustic guitar he called his “kabonger” . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

6 Likes

Good morning Joe,

Thanks for the reminder! Yes, now that you’ve jogged my memory I do recall the Kabonger!

5 Likes

Here’s a good reminder . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

6 Likes

Infinitely better entertainment than watching idiots copy somebody else on Tik-Tok on a phone.

4 Likes

Welcome @Eduardo I had already bought a bass but hadn’t done much besides looking at it, and then I read Geddy Lee’s Big Beautiful Book of Bass and I was hooked. That’s how I started getting interested in P-Basses.

5 Likes

Hi :wave: just popped in to introduce myself , I bought b2b earlier today after much deliberation, I play a bit of guitar and used to mess around “making beats “ on a daw so know a bit of theory but looking forward to digging deep on bass , see y’all around ! :smile:

19 Likes

Glad you are here @luke.e

You made a great choice.
We here think you will be amazed at B2B.
Ask away here any questions you have along the path.

7 Likes

Welcome!

6 Likes