Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Hello @daniel.dumaraos and welcome. Very nice to meet you. You’re in great company as there are a lot of us +50 year olds just taking up the bass.

5 Likes

Awesome! I thought I am the only 50-year-old guy holding a bass here. Looking forward to everyone’s support.

6 Likes

Hello. Elizabeth here. I will be 66 next week and until LAST week, I had no idea I wanted to play bass. Never gave it a thought. I was joking with my boyfriend that I should learn the bass so we can play music together. He knew enough bass to give me an intro lesson and he had a bass guitar that I could use. ONE LESSON and I’m hooked. I’ll be signing up for the online B2B course shortly.

One suggestion about signing up: I’d love to see an option for online only access but that includes a physical copy of the book. I like real books. Short of that, I’m assuming I can print the digital book on my home printer?

Looking forward to the journey. Thanks.

Elizabeth

14 Likes

Glad you are here @elizabeth55
You will enjoy B2B a lot!
You sure can print out the booklet!

6 Likes

Welcome @elizabeth55, great you choose playing bass. I returned to bass with 62… Rock-n-Roll! :metal:

5 Likes

Welcome @elizabeth55 !

4 Likes

Hi jtalor801, thanks, it’s a great course. Nice to meet you too.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @elizabeth55 ,
You will love the course,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Hello @elizabeth55 and welcome to the group. Yes, the book you mention is just a .pdf which can be printed. That’s what I did.

5 Likes

welcome @daniel.dumaraos

5 Likes

welcome @elizabeth55

5 Likes

@elizabeth55 Welcome to the BassBuzz forum!

It’s interesting you mention that about the physical books.

BassBuzz Moments in History!

In the beginning… both the Course booklet and the 50 First Songs book were physical books Josh sent out to every new student. The problem came when international students started reporting extra costs for importing the books. Some were $50+ dollars which was way more than the 50 First Songs book would cost if bought locally. That’s how we ended up with the 50 First Songs Pack in digital format and the Course booklet in PDF.

Additionally, all the songs in the digital 50 First Songs Pack were transcribed by @JoshFossgreen and @Gio. This is particularly cool since if anyone ever finds an error in the transcription Josh can go in and update it.

7 Likes

Not just similar, my tattoo is the Warhol banana! (just flipped) Welcome @daniel.dumaraos !

Welcome Elizabeth! Yes, you can definitely print all the materials at home if you want them offline, I think it’s a great idea to have the sheet music / tab handy during lessons on the side.

9 Likes

New to the B2B course as of today. Played guitar as a teenager but slowly drifted away from playing. A few years ago I picked up bass and have experienced some good carryover chops wise but figured some structured content to keep me focused on improving would be good. Really like the setup and teaching style here.

11 Likes

Glad you are here @rockaholic555

you will totally dig the course!

7 Likes

Welcome aboard @rockaholic555 ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Welcome @rockaholic555

6 Likes

Welcome @rockaholic555 !

5 Likes

An all too familiar story. I did more as a kid, late teens, early 20’s, cover / garage bands on rhythm guitar, poorly. I only wanted to jam the riffs and play the heavy cool chugging parts with breakdowns, so I nave really got to into theory, or learning anything more then the power chords need to play what I wanted to. Didn’t give a damn about scales or chords or keys, I didn’t care to play solo’s or leads, just wanted to be shown how to play what I wanted to p.any and play.
Fast Forward about 30 years, pushing 50, picked bass up about 2 years ago and but for a few medial side steps, play pretty much daily for an hour or four, depends on how much time is in that day and how many things I have to to do, but I will admit that much to most of what I have to do (other then medial stuff), I can work my chores and “To Do’s” around my bass time, just fine.

Welcome @rockaholic555 , you are amongst friends and allies.

6 Likes

Welcome @rockaholic555

+1 on that! As you I have been returning to bass after a long break. First thing I learned: it is time to get rid of some old self-taught bad habits. More than once it was a half sentence Josh said within a workout that helped me more than struggeling by my own for a whole day. Have fun!

5 Likes