Welcome @Kallegubben

9 Likes

Welcome @dylanforrester54

9 Likes

Welcome aboard @dylanforrester54 ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

8 Likes

Welcome @dylanforrester54 ! You’ve done well choosing bassbuzz. This is a really great forum, and everyone here is far cool.
Good choices on a program and gear are really important, and you’ve nailed that.
Enjoy the course and keep us posted on your progress!

8 Likes

@PamPurrs , it always makes me smile to see you’ve been here. I hope you are having a great day!

9 Likes

Thank you :grinning: @autumnsdad1990

8 Likes

Welcome @dylanforrester54
Enjoy your journey

8 Likes

HELLO!
55 year old Canadian wannabe just got this new bass for father’s day (at my request, of course).
I have very little music background aside from rocking out in the 80s, 90s and 20xs. About 5 years ago I got my first Ukulele, and that blossomed to 8 ukes, at one time. I don’t play well, but I like to strum to lots of classic rock, yacht rock, grunge, and pop. You know, traditional ukulele songs.
Here’s a small portion of them. Another 3 in the basement

A year or so ago a friend, also a Uke player, got a bass uke. Well, after fiddling a bit with it I had to have one. Found an amazing deal on an Oscar Schmidt by Washburn. Sounds so nice.
Move ahead a year and even I don’t play the bass uke well, i was curious how it translated to a full size bass. So I rented one for a month and a half! I was spoiled as they rented me a MiM Fender Jazz. So nice!
I loved it and had to have one! Soo i sent the wisps out to my family I was interested in a bass…I sent them a list of the ones I wanted to consider…
Yamaha TRBX304
Squire Paranormal Jazz
Squire Contemporary Active Jazz

On father’s day I proceeded to the Music store that had all three and spent some time with them. I used my VOX headphone amp so I didn’t deafen the people in the store and decided, quite quickly, that I liked the Yamaha. I found the Paranormal was nice but I didn’t want to have to deal with the glossy nick. I like to slide and it was quite an inhibition.
I just loved the weight, feel and play of the Yamaha. So I took it home, and there you see me in all my overbite glory.

I just signed up for the B2B course so I’ll be starting that tomorrow or sooner! I took tomorrow off just for the occasion!

20 Likes

@dylanforrester54 Great choice in Bass :wink:

8 Likes

Welcome @groaner

8 Likes

Welcome, @groaner. Glad you’re here. Looking pretty badass already. Nice bass face. Enjoy!

8 Likes

Welcome @groaner

8 Likes

Welcome @groaner, glad you joined us. I think soon enough you will find yourself with 8 basses to add to your uke collection!

10 Likes

Welcome @groaner . You’ll love it here. All the help and advice you’ll ever need

8 Likes

Welcome @groaner
Enjoy your journey

8 Likes