Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

@bass_love82 Welcome to BassBuzz!

By chance, did you inherit a bass?

8 Likes

Hello All
Over 50 looking for the groove. Have a few years of classical guitar as a kid. Tried bass for a few months in high school but life got in the way. Tinkered on and off with electrical guitar as an adult. I have completed Doug Marks Metal Method program and currently lazily going thru Justins Guitar Program as a refresher. The Bass so far has been great. My body just moves while playing. Simple bass to start with Yamaha TRBX174 and Fender40Rumble Amp recommended by a friend in a band. Wish all well.

15 Likes

Great to have you here @toughdoody

6 Likes

Welcome @toughdoody

6 Likes

Welcome @toughdoody

6 Likes

Welcome @toughdoody, glad you are here

7 Likes

Welcome to all new basses
Enjoy your Journey
@toughdoody
@bass_love82
@potvora
@haynesmagic
@no.treble

7 Likes

Welcome, @toughdoody. Really glad you’re here. Strap up and get down with the B2B goodness!

7 Likes

Welcome @toughdoody ! Really glad you are here with us. Enjoy the course and keepus posted on your progress!

8 Likes

Hey everyone! Nice to be here. I’m a complete newbie that just purchased their first bass, a G&L Tribute JB-2 which was shortly paired up with an Ampeg RB-112. I was about to start the Hal Leonard Bass Method Complete but I discovered BassBuzz now here I am. I used to produce electronic music and will be using that knowledge where I can. I’m using a Yamaha AW1600 audio workstation, and an Akai MPC1000 for sampling and drums. I have a Mooer Ocean Machine which I used on my previous projects, and I recently bought a Zoom B1 Four. I’m a firm believer of keeping things simple and limited choices. Although I do have my eye on a G&L Tribute LB-100! I’m based in Switzerland, and musically influence by Tool, Cocteau Twins and Amyl and the Sniffers. Quite eclectic, but that’s who I am! Looking forward to interacting with everyone and becoming a Badass!

14 Likes

Welcome @Jacques Nice Setup

11 Likes

Welcome @Jacques

9 Likes

Great to have you here @Jacques

10 Likes

Welcome @Jaques

9 Likes

Welcome, @Jacques. Glad you’re here.

8 Likes

Welcome @Jacques ! Really glad you are here with us. That’s a nice looking rig you got there. Enjoy the course and keep us posted on your progress.

8 Likes

Welcome to the family to our recent additions!

9 Likes

Welcome to the community @Jacques, glad you joined us. I’m a big G&L fan (and Ampeg too for that matter).

8 Likes

Thank you!

9 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Introduce Yourself!:

Thank you-unfortunately my mother sold all his equipment. (There were some really tough times). I don’t blame her, but oh how I wish she had kept at least one. They were quite beautiful.

9 Likes