Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome @febusfarms

7 Likes

Welcome @febusfarms

7 Likes

Welcome, @febusfarms. Glad you’re here. Enjoy Josh’s great lessons.

8 Likes

Welcome @febusfarms from one newbie to another.
Everyone here is great and incredible helpful and welcoming.

Enjoy your time here on the forum

9 Likes

Welcome @febusfarms !

8 Likes

Great to have you here @febusfarms

8 Likes

Welcome @febusfarms! Really glad you are here with us!

8 Likes

Man, so many new folks this year! It’s really great to see. This is actually one of my favorite threads. One of the high points in my day is looking to see if there is anyone new to welcome to the group.
It’s a simple thing, but i really like it😁

10 Likes

Ok Joe I have to ask, where is Rockville Florida? I live down in Florida but never heard of Rockville and I can’t find it on the map. By the way welcome from another Joe.

9 Likes

Welcome to the family @febusfarms

9 Likes

I think he is referring to the Rockville Rock Fest in Daytona. But I could be wrong.

8 Likes

That would make more sense.

8 Likes

Hello, my name is Cullen (but on here you can call me by my username). :laughing:

I just have the one Bass and it’s a Kala U-Bass. I’m in a (Ukulele) group, not a band and I’m here for fun Bass Chat and to hopefully get through Josh’s Beginner to Badass Course.

Having not attempted an instrument since junior school (French Horn - I was terrible) and as a teenager (Acoustic Guitar), a few years ago I signed up to Ukulele classes. Towards the end of the six week course, and with me now struggling with the double whammy of chord shapes and strumming patterns, someone else in the room picked up and started playing a U-Bass.

Eureka Moment, I finally found my groove!

So, after following a few U-Bass specific YouTube lessons, and subsequently joining a local Ukulele group / club, I bumbled along for the next year or so playing mainly root notes and the occasional third or fifth. A recent sudden realisation that I was firmly in a rut and unlikely to improve anytime soon without any form of structured learning brought me to BassBuzz with the intention of signing up for Josh’s Beginner to Badass course. Now all I need to do is decide between the online / digital option or go for the full version with the DVDs and physical / printed extras.

I’m into way too many types and eras of music to list here. In my early teenage years I was obsessed by The Beatles (even though they’d broken up well before I’d heard of them). The first contemporary music I got into was the stuff that came along just after Punk - The Cure, Altered Images, Billy Bragg, The Cramps, Pogues, and Half Man Half Biscuit.

Love going to music festivals and happy that I’m still “discovering” new stuff although it’s kinda weird to be buying CDs from musicians young enough to be my kids!

P.S. I’ve recently been diagnosed with Dyslexia (the symptoms / difficulties aren’t always as obvious as you might think). I also wouldn’t be surprised if I’ve got at least one other “neurodivergence” that’s yet to be confirmed. So apologies if I occasionally get the wrong end of the stick, fail to spot a joke or massively over explain - like what I’m probably doing now.

15 Likes

Welcome, @cullen. Very glad you’re here. Follow Josh’s lead and you’ll be thumping up a storm in no time. Enjoy!

9 Likes

Welcome @cullen

This place is great, enjoy your stay and cool choice of instrument too :sunglasses:

9 Likes

The U-Bass is great @mikeyjayjay, if you close your eyes it almost sounds like a double bass!

9 Likes

Welcome to the family @cullen

9 Likes

Welcome @cullen !

8 Likes

Great to ah w you here @cullen Cullen :rofl:

U-Basses are basses too and this course will serve you well in what you are looking for (except maybe the slap /pick parts, skip those).

Have fun!

8 Likes

Hey all newcomers….!!!

Our next live forum hang is this Sunday.

Stop by, meet folks, ask questions, have fun.
Zoom link in below post

Be sure to check out our live hang schedule at the top of the linked thread.

8 Likes