Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome back, @cmc. Good things come to those who sit and practice. Or stand. Just as long as you practice.

8 Likes

Welcome to the group @cmc

8 Likes

Welcome in Chris!

7 Likes

Thanks everyone! :slight_smile:

That was my plan - I tried for awhile, it looks like I even got the slow speed done to my satisfaction, but I didn’t want to be stuck on Module 4 forever so I just moved on.

Unless it’s my bass, maybe I need a new one… :slight_smile:

7 Likes

That’s the universal answer to every problem :smiley_cat:

7 Likes

And it’s always correct! :star_struck:

6 Likes

Hi! Dave here. Been playing bass on and off for over 20 years. Picking it back up after another hiatus. While I’ve played for some time, I’ve never actually been thought or taken a lesson so I’m lacking a solid foundation of what bass playing is. So, while my fingers can move, it’s like not knowing how to use them. Watched several of videos on Youtube from both Josh and Scott (SBL) and really dig Josh’s approach and style to teaching. Loved that blues box video! I’ll be starting the course this weekend!

13 Likes

Great to have you here @cmc

Do not stop in your tracks with Billie Jean!

Move on.

I didn’t mater it until about a year post B2B after doing lots of other things, then it came naturally. Even Josh tells you this in the course. Press on and don’t let her get you down!

5 Likes

Welcome, @MemphisDave. Glad you’re here. Some of us have played before, too. But Josh is da man to learn from to play the right way. Sling a strap over your shoulder and giddy-up. Enjoy!

6 Likes

Welcome @cmc & @MemphisDave !

6 Likes

Welcome @cmc and @MemphisDave . Pull up a stool and stay a spell.

6 Likes

Welcome @cmc and @MemphisDave

6 Likes

Welcome @cmc & @MemphisDave !

Definitely don’t let Billie Jean cause a scene and stop you in your tracks! I’m a little over halfway through the B2B course and still can’t handle her but I’m confident I will. B2B really is exceptionally well thought out and put together!

8 Likes

Welcome @MemphisDave

6 Likes

Welcome back @cmc ! Really glad to have you back with us. Billie Jean is a harsh mistress. It took me months(!) To get it down. And that’s playing it every day for about 5 minutes. Maybe try breaking it up into chunks and then stitching those together?
Either way, welcome back and keep on plunking, it’s there. You’ll find it.

7 Likes

Welcome @MemphisDave ! Really glad you are here with us!

7 Likes

Welcome to the gang @MemphisDave

7 Likes

Awesome to find an ATL local in the forums! I’m not too far from ya!

6 Likes

Hey Josh! Ronnie Lyons from Meridian, Idaho here with a quick introduction. I’ve seen people post about being “too old” to start playing and let me tell you, you’re never to old. I’m 59 and just started because I’ve been interested in music all my life. I can’t seem to manage the 6 string with all the majors and minors, and string not played, etc. The bass however seems to be much easier to wrap my head around and I’m having a great time. I’m working my way through your B2B course and I appreciate every lesson. You make it easy and straight forward, money and time well spent.

I enjoy the forum and being able to reach out to other players who enjoy music as well. I’m employed in health care but have many other irons in the fire as far as hobbies. I started on Yamaha TRBX304 based on the video you did on youtube about the inexpensive basses. and you were spot on regarding that bass. The 304 is a great bass and I’ve since transitioned up to a Yamaha BB734a. Anyone considering a bass would be well advised to take a look at the Yamaha products and what you get for your money.

Looking forward to many more years of playing and having around on the forum!

12 Likes

Welcome, @ronnielyons. Glad you’re here. Many BassBuzzers of all ages have realized that life is more fun playing bass. All that’s required is a bass and some know-how. And Josh is the candy man of bass know-how. Enjoy!

7 Likes