Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome to you too, @andrea.cuda . . . :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome @RolandDehli - wow, that’s really fast progress there but I guess it makes sense with your experience.

Welcome @andrea.cuda
Essen is really close. Also… that like on my introduction post came out of nowhere. I already wondered who goes this far back in this thread. And your husband seems very likeable. Reading your story from my perspective it just seems like he wanted you to set realistic goals and keep the spending to an amount that doesn’t needlessly add pressure. Seems like you have a lot to juggle already.
My cats usually sleep on the amp while I practice. I think it’s weird, but maybe there’s something about the low frequency vibrations that seems like purring to them?
Good luck with the course and I hope it keeps having a positive impact.

5 Likes

Welcome!

Your English is better than my Danish. Or my bass playing, for that matter. :smile:

6 Likes

Welcome, Andrea!

1. Keep that hubby.
  2. You came to the right place.
  3. I see you have already noticed that I cannot let this go by without adding a “meow” somewhere in there, right?
    Saartje says she knows what it’s like in an animal shelter. so you did the right thing.
5 Likes

Thank you @Jazzbass19, @juli0r and @peterhuppertz :blush:

And yes, given that he has been playing the guitar and the trumpet since he was a kid, and can just pick up any instrument and find his way around it pretty quickly, it was always sound advice from him. But after years of this running gag between us, it came as quite a surprise that he chose the bass for me. Probably he knew all along that this would be a good choice and make me really happy. We’ll have been together for 20 years this July, he does know me pretty well :grin:

… and I really couldn’t resist to post this pic now that I’m finally a crazy cat lady, too :see_no_evil::joy:

6 Likes

You’ll fit right in. :grin:

4 Likes

Welcome Miguel @Miguel_F, hope you enjoy the course! I will not be reading the newspaper during lessons. :man_facepalming:

Welcome @RolandDehli, 13 modules in 5 days is a lot! Good thing they’re prerecorded videos, otherwise I’d have a very sore throat from teaching that much. :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome @andrea.cuda, thanks for sharing your story and your kitties!

5 Likes

G’day mate,
Welcome aboard.
You will find lots of nice friendly people on here so keep checking out the forum.
cheers

Rory

3 Likes

Welcome @andrea.cuda

4 Likes

Welcome @RolandDehli

3 Likes

Welcome @RolandDehli and @andrea.cuda,
As all the other guys have mentioned everyone on here is very helpful and happy to share ideas and knowledge
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Welcome @matt.h.ball
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Welcome @Miguel_F
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Velkommen til @RolandDehli - der er vist en eller to andre fra Danmark, men de giver ikke meget lyd fra sig :grin: Vi høres ved!

5 Likes

Du er den støjende dansker, jeg kender.
Men jeg ved ikke så mange. :laughing:

5 Likes

Jeg støjer mindre end jeg plejede at gøre :grin:

Google Translate is almost nailing it, but not quite… “kender” instead of “ved” - akin to “kennen/wissen” in German, and, I am sure, something similar in Dutch… Waiting on that AI to really kick in :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Helt sikkert, hyggeligt.
:pray:t3:

5 Likes

56 year old rocker who has wanted to pick up a bass for a long time but something always got in the way. This lockdown here in Scotland has given me the nudge to do it. Love the course - just the right pace and I love the way the difficulty increases at just the right level - except Billie Jean :open_mouth:

Cheers

Graeme

16 Likes

Welcome aboard, @gragil1 . . . :slight_smile:

You’ll have plenty of company in the Billie Jean department, too! :wink:

Cheers, Joe

5 Likes

Welcome @gragil1

3 Likes