Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

@Jamietashi and @gragil1, the closest I’ve ever gotten to Scotland was by watching the “Outlander” series on Netflix . . . :wink:

When any of the characters spoke very quickly and/or used local slang terms, I couldn’t understand anything they were saying :slight_smile: lol

One of these days, before I die, I’d love to visit Scotland though!

Cheers, Joe

8 Likes

Me too, I want to play a round of golf at St. Andrew

6 Likes

Joe if you can picture it, then it will happen. Might get @JoshFossgreen to do a bass workshop. @Jazzbass19
We can sleep 18 and the meditation room seats 50, then their is the BIG room :slight_smile: @PamPurrs we have some better golf on the West Coast, there are that many you can throw a golf ball tae the next one. :rofl:
:guitar: :slightly_smiling_face: :guitar:

6 Likes

@Jamietashi I suspect so, but St. Andrew is a special place because the game was invented there (so the story goes)

5 Likes

Try Wales much nicer

3 Likes

Ha.
My wife and I got married there, in a wee chapel on the north border of Loch Tay.

This is Duncan MacKinnon, from Killin, Stirling. He was part of the wedding ceremony, and played at the “reception” in the cottage (on the south border of Loch Tay) during the evening.

9 Likes

Beautiful wedding photo @peterhuppertz

4 Likes

Thank you, @PamPurrs.
It’s really, really hard to get a bad picture with my wife and a Scottish loch in it. :blush:

6 Likes

Beautiful picture Peter, the bride fair brings her beauty tae Scotland
Haste Ye Back

5 Likes

Aye, wi’ a bride lik’ thes, ye cannae mess! :laughing:

(To all those who are unfamiliar with how English sounds oop North: I’m just missing with you)

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Curried mince and tatties… oh yes.
Washed down with Irn Bru :+1:

5 Likes

I have a cold Irn Bru in my hand as we speak :rofl: @Mac
:guitar: :slightly_smiling_face: :guitar:

5 Likes

:joy:
Can’t get it here :frowning: Just trying to explain to my missus what it is :joy: ( she’s an Aussie)

4 Likes

Welcome @gragil1, glad you finally picked up the bass!

Welcome @Isa_B, hope you enjoy the course!

5 Likes

Hello Josh, my name is James Steger and I’m a beginner trying to learn to play the bass.
I purchased my bass a last year, but, I’m just deciding to try to learn to play it. I’m 76 Years old but I excited about the idea of learning something new. Wish me lock!

17 Likes

Welcome aboard, @jtssteger . . . :slight_smile:

We have lots of folks here who took up the bass later on in life, so you’ll be in good company.

Good luck in the course and see you around the Forums!

Cheers, Joe

6 Likes

Welcome @jtssteger :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Welcome @jtssteger and good luck in the course!

4 Likes

Welcome @jtssteger!

4 Likes

@jtssteger welcome aboard, good to have some youngsters playing bass :slight_smile:

4 Likes