Is this a good deal?

Not that I need another bass since I just got a new one for Christmas but I was browsing my local Craigslist and came across this bass

The guy is asking $1,250. Looks basically new and I am a sucker for the Les Paul. It’s a 2011. Description says barely played and it looks that way.

Tried to look around but I can’t really find many of these for sale but the few I saw were $2.5-3k…

Should I buy it?

3 Likes

You gotta like Les Paul, lol. Not my cup of tea for bass shape but it’s gorgeous. If it’s genuine why not.

2 Likes

If it’s actually in good shape, it’s a steal. Can you get pictures of the serial numbers from them so you can look it up?
Hopefully it’s a real posting and not someone scamming-Craigslist is horrible about that.

A proof of life photo helps. Yknow, the guy holding today’s paper with the bass. If it’s real and they want to sell it, a picture shouldn’t be an issue.

Good luck my friend. And please be careful, Craigslist is fully scary.

I would be very skeptical of any Gibson that looked like a killer deal. Lots of (sometimes better!) knockoffs, and Gibson is famously way more variable for quality than other big name manufacturers.

I would basically not buy a Gibson I had not checked out in person extensively myself.

1 Like