Joining A Band

Last Sunday evening a local lounge was having an open jam and I decided to go. I’ve been playing in church bands for almost 5 years now and have been looking to expand and play other styles of music. The first lead guitarist/singer was really easy to play with. He brought up chord charts for many of the songs and told me the progression when he didn’t have a chart. The second guy was rude but another, more experienced bassist came in and I let him take over.
Last night, the first lead guy contacted me about playing bass in a band he is putting together. Mostly country songs. I’m really excited to start playing some other stuff and to possibly play to entertain an audience.

29 Likes

Congratulations @joeike .
I hope it all works out for you

5 Likes

Good vibes from Indiana! Go get 'em cowboy!

6 Likes

Thanks guys! It should go well. Two of them were at the jam and I’ve met the other one. All good people so I think we’ll help pretty well.

8 Likes

Congratulations. Fingers crossed :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Congrats. Hope the new band will come together and you can rock out.

8 Likes

Congrats, @joeike! Knock ‘em dead!

7 Likes

Thanks everyone.

6 Likes

\o/

4 Likes

I got together with one of my new band mates this evening and we ended up jamming for an hour and a half. He’d start playing a chord progression and I’d come up with a bass line to fit it. Pretty simple stuff but it was a lot of fun.

8 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F_FN4ygjTo

2 Likes

That’s great. And so often how it works.

5 Likes