#JoshFight

I’ll just leave this link here for no reason whatsoever :innocent: :laughing:

No musical instruments were involved, only pool noodles.

5 Likes

@JoshFossgreen did you survive?

1 Like

At first I was like, what the hell is a runza, and now I totally want a runza.

2 Likes

Yeah, sounds awesome. The midwest is known for their sauerkraut cuisine. At least that is what I was told by the people from the places I have been to.
Kraut balls are awesome too.

2 Likes

It looks like a cross between a reuben sandwich and a philly. And maybe a pierogi. All of these things are awesome.

2 Likes

I’m gonna hafta look up all of those words.

3 Likes

I had to look up the first word, then I saw it was a sandwich. At first I thought it was something he was going to ride on, like a new sort of scooter, or something.

2 Likes

If I really just introduced you two to reuben sndwiches then I am really happy because it’s basically the best sandwich.

6 Likes

Love me a good Reuben… alas, only to be got in the US, AFAIK :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

I did have to look all of those up… So a Reuben is a corned beef, cheese and sauerkraut sandwich, right? Can’t imagine what that would taste like, but it doesn’t appeal to me. The Philly sandwich sounds a lot better, and I think I would like the pierogis as well.

2 Likes

Reubens are SOOOOOO good…
They can use coleslaw in place of sauerkraut, but not as common. Must be on rye breeds and Swiss cheese. Delicious.
Can be corned beef or pastrami if you prefer. Lots of variations, but the CLASSIC is as you described.
They also have Russian dressing, or more common, 1000 island dressing, tho I prefer with some mustard too.

4 Likes

I can’t be arsed, what’s this about? A gigantic moshpit full of dude’s named Josh to see if the real slim shady could please stand up, if you can? shrugs

Can confirm, had Reuben last week.
Still thinking about it this week. :rofl:

Don’t judge me, it was a good Reuben. :point_right: :point_left:

2 Likes

I know it sounds weird, but it really tastes great! You should at least try it next time you are in the US… and take lots of napkins when you order one :grin:(Well, that is also true for the Philly sandwich :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

4 Likes

Nothing beats a Philly Cheesesteak for me though.

3 Likes

This whole thread is really making me hungry . . . :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was about to say the same but I feel how much I’ve already said is already making me look fat so I should peace out of here.

Which brings me to my next point, if they really want to find out which is the most superior Josh. Then they should do a hotdog eating contest without sauerkraut. That will settle it.

2 Likes

Well, I don’t like corned beef and I don’t like sauerkraut, so I can’t make any promises :grin: Also not sure if this particular delicacy is available everywhere in the US :thinking:

3 Likes

You can get yourself a Reuben at Chipotle or Wawa. Trust me I wasn’t sure about it either, but it’s magical.

3 Likes

Well, I think I understand where you are coming from… (as a fellow European). First, forget all about the canned corned beef we could get when we were kids - the stuff you get in the US is much better. Also, sauerkraut is much more trendy and healthy than you might realize - it really has a bad rep it doesn’t deserve :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

But, yeah, tastes are different and it’s all good! We all just went off on a tangent here… :wink:

Man, after all this, I am about ready to make my own Reuben tonight… (good corned beef or pastrami are really hard to find here though… might have to use some other salt-cured meats…)!

5 Likes