Just ordered!

Damnit, I didn’t want to hear that about the Strobostomp. I’ve been trying to deny my Sweetwater rep any summer spending cash.

2 Likes

I have a Snark clip-on and a Korg clip-on. The Strobo showed me how useless they really were. They both showed my basses were intonated perfectly. The Strobo showed me that they were wrong. I intonated all 5 last night using the Strobo and the chords in higher registers sound almost like a piano/bell on all but especially my Ray34 that I put the Jazz rounds on. I honestly thought the Jazz flats on my Jazz bass was the panacea of bass sounds. Now, I think the Jazz rounds have taken that title. I cannot see how any string can beat it…and contrary to popular belief, they slap very well. Just gotta use a light thumb action.

2 Likes

Oh, it is also built like a tank. There is a tutorial online that will open up all of it’s capabilities. Probably best product I have bought in a while that is bass related.

1 Like

Told ya :grin: Glad you like them - great strings (though probably not so much for slap :joy:)

EDIT: ok, just saw your last mail… awesome they slap well as well!

2 Likes

:open_mouth: Sticker shock!

3 Likes

I just had to use a really light thumb action and not slap the crap out of them. They ring out nicely when done that way. Big full “fwump” with great overtones. Then mute them to silence.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have the flats on my Jazz bass and they sound and feel wonderful. But the rounds are in a different league of their own. And sadly, they do cost a lot. But from what I have read, they last for years and years.

1 Like

AND I MISSED THE SALE!!!

1 Like

If you buy the cable for it, the Peterson iPhone app is awesome, and total cost is low. That’s what I use, replaced my Boss TU-2. Very good tuner for cheap.

Even over the mic it’s not bad. This is it tuning a 440Hz sine wave from my speaker:

rock stable, no strobe movement at all, perfectly calibrated.

2 Likes

Same with the Android version. Works just fine

The cost of the StroboStomp here in Canada is around $200.
The app cost me around $10 CDN. :rofl:

1 Like

The cost of the StroboStomp here in Canada is around $200.
The phone app cost me around $10 CDN.

1 Like

I have the same but could never get them to be reliable on my Bass, so I purchased the Peterson strobe app for my phone, with a cable interface, and it works just fine on the Bass… :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

I took my clip ons and put them in my bass drawer along with strings, straps and assorted parts not in use. I hate to say “fanboi” but I am. This Strobostomp is most awesome.

1 Like

My Snark and Korg clip-ons work just fine on my acoustic a electric guitars but are unreliable on Bass.
Since I also play a lot of acoustic they are never in a drawer :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: