Just wanted to introduce myself

My name is Dannie, im 58 years old. Played bass with some friends in High School and a few years after. Just started playing again last May. Started on my church worship team in July playing two services weekly. Outside of that i practice an hour per day, and take bi-weekly lessons. I love music and look forward to improving and having fun.

10 Likes

Glad you are here @DoctorDan !

5 Likes

Welcome to the BassBuzz family - friendliest forum around.
Enjoy your Bass journey. :+1:

5 Likes

Welcome @DoctorDan ! Glad you are here.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @DoctorDan !

4 Likes

That’s awesome Doc! I’m new here as well and just started playing!

5 Likes

Welcome @DoctorDan! You’ve come to the right place. Strap on your bass and get to thumpin’!

Also, go to https://forum.bassbuzz.com/t/introduce-yourself/ to introduce yourself to the whole gang. You’ll be glad you did.

4 Likes

Hi there.
After considering it for months I finally made up my mind and joined the course.
I had been watching Josh’s videos on YouTube and I was convinced I wouldn’t regret it.
Being able to pay it in five months has allowed me to justify it.
I’m 47 and already play the guitar, but as I didn’t have a group of friends to play with, I arrived to the point where there was not much motivation to continue.
Then I realize that bass players are always scarce so it would be easier to find people.
With that in mind, I bought an affordable short scale bass guitar, just to be sure the transition was seamless.
To my surprise, I remembered many songs by their bass lines ans it’s been quite amazing to learn some of my favourite songs with the bass.
I expect to start my search of buddies just before I finish this course.
I’m in your hands, Josh & Team.
Let’s hit it!

9 Likes

Welcome @comiendotrastes

5 Likes

Welcome @DoctorDan

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @comiendotrastes, flad you are here.

5 Likes

Welcome, @comiendotrastes. Glad you’re here. Enjoy the lessons!

3 Likes

Welcome @comiendotrastes ! Really glad you are here with us! Your money is well-spent, i assure you. Please enjoy the course and keep us posted on your progress. If i may make a suggestion? You could go to the introduce yourself thread and meet the community. Lots of really great folks here.

3 Likes

Welcome @comiendotrastes !

2 Likes

Welcome Aboard

4 Likes