Last night caught by surprise

On Yokosuka Naval station there is a group that has started getting back together called the CFAY Music Collaboration where folks get together and play and sing for a few hours. You rarely know who’s coming or who if anyone is coming to play. Last night 3 guitar players, a banjo picker, and I was playing bass. Everyone takes turns choosing a song everything from from Jimmy Buffet to Tool to the Salty Dog Blues. Just finishing up a pretty good version of Black Velvet and we had decided one more and someone says lets do Billie Jean…LOL. Y’all should be proud because I thought of all of you as I rolled through this tune. Nice one to end on.

18 Likes

Nice work! Unless you stuck to guitar and made someone else play bass, in which case, nice leadership! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Prior to covid and me taking up the bass I was only there to play guitar and we rarely had a bass player. We’ve met for the last 3 weeks now and I think except for a slow blues jam once I’ve stayed on the big strings. Its on Thursdays from 1700 to 2000, if you ever have a thursday off and you feel like a road trip…please let me know.

6 Likes

Will do! Once things are back to normal getting to Yokohama is easy, not sure how much longer it is to get down to the station.

4 Likes

30 min straight shot from Yokohama station to Yokosuka Chuo

2 Likes

Not so bad, that puts Yokohama about halfway there from Shibuya then.

2 Likes

let me know anytime and I’ll take the day off we’ll hit Chili’s show you around the base…hit the local second hand stores and finish it off with a few hours playing. You ain’t even got to bring gear…travel light

3 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

Very impressive!

2 Likes