Leaked List of Upcoming Fender Basses

It’s actually got a nice bridge and tuners :joy:

2 Likes

I honestly don’t understand why they do this. Vintage authenticity is one thing, but carrying forward a poor design for no reason is just dumb.

5 Likes

Completely lunacy

5 Likes

You may say “design flaws,” but they say "The Vintage Fender Experience™, now with ToneWrap™ "

2 Likes

Yeah, but it comes pre-tuned with Unobtanium strings.

1 Like

Don’t let any Gibson owners hear that
I will, however, die on that nitrocellulose hill

1 Like

I sprayed my project bass with nitro. Does it look good? Yes. Did it affect the tone? No.

2 Likes

I’ve been keeping a lazy eye on Reverb thinking that if I bought another Bass then a Jazz Bass would make sense.

Then I started down the '62 and '75 reissue rabbit hole and discovered the silliness. Also on some '62 reissues I’ve seen the pickup grounding wire is routed externally as a flat strip of metal because it’s authentic. Daftness all round.

I think I’m going to buy a Fender MIM body and put on a nice roasted maple neck and call it good.

5 Likes

Cause you sprayed it too thick. :wink:

1 Like

Nope. I put on 4 colour coats and about a dozen clear coats. But you can already start to see it wearing through after a few months playing.
Fun project but all this letting the wood breathe stuff seems bollocks.

I’m being facetious.

2 Likes

Fantastic, because there are enough Tonewood believers on here that it’s hard to know sometimes.

I just bought a Steve Harris P bass, which is a 70’s P copy. Apparently its enough to remove the pick guard in order to adjust the truss rod. If so, I’ll rout the pickguard and call it done.

1 Like

There’s also this little tool, which based on my readings is usable with only the pickguard removed:

'Course, I may be wrong. And reissues aren’t my jam, so I’ll never find out firsthand. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think it makes any difference on tone, but sentimentally and aesthetically I think it’s objectively different than polyurethane so I think it should be standard on all premium models

Oooo…not those people. :astonished:

1 Like

Watch out we’re everywhere muahahaha

2 Likes

:smile:

1 Like

There’s supposed to be a notch in the pickguard to where you don’t even have to take it off, but that rarely ever works. Most techs just loosen the bolts on the neck I believe. Warmoth has some necks that put the truss rod nut on the palm side of the neck near the body and I think it’s the best solution out there

The best solution out there is to just use a normal neck and body with easy truss rod access :slight_smile:

1 Like