Looking for a neck with 61mm pocket width

Through a series of events I ended up with a bass body from ebay which due to being damaged I was refunded and the seller didn’t want me to return.
Chinese I think but the postal address was from within Australia.
The body is quite light, possibly a bit soft and although it is apparently a PBass copy the neck pocket is narrow-approx 61mm. I only realised this once it arrived and another reason it was “returned”
Now, I am not one to waste anything and I have enough parts to make (yet) another bass but no neck which would fit this body.
What I am interested to find out is if anyone knows where I could get an inexpensive neck to fit.
It doesn’t need to be Fender style as i would probably make this one to a theme of some kind anyway.

1 Like

Yeah looks like Fenders are just under 64mm, so not going to fit. Which probably rules out the cheapest options.

1 Like

Yeah, most necks sit around 63-64mm.
Very odd this one is so slim.
I am open to any styles really, even looked at guitars, Hmmm maybe a baritone.
I could chisel it but want to avoid

1 Like

If you already have a neck, do you / a friend have a chisel / router ?

I searched the interwebs a little bit, and I got the impression that narrower necks also tend to be shorter (i.e. medium or short scale).

Could you share some links @Mike_NL ?
I could chisel/dremel to fit a standard neck but would rather not.
Exploring options.
What is interesting is I have a pickguard I picked up separately which has the same sized neck cutout so they must be out there.

1 Like

Found a 2nds one on Ali I am prepared to throw the dice on

1 Like