MIDI

Yep. That’s pretty damn cool.

1 Like

It’s a bit less applicable to pedals but there’s still definitely some good use - getting digital delay pulses to sync to beats like that has a similar cool effect, etc.

1 Like

Really cool Howard!

2 Likes

That’s actually a stock patch! No credit to me there at all but it makes a nice clock sync demo.

I’m probably going to buy this synth (Xfer Records Serum). I love wavetable synthesizers.

2 Likes

first time trying to make a Bass POD Pro communicate with the computer, by the MIDI interface. I don’t feel comfortable at all, but it seems to work !

what I would do is save my settings on the computer, because the internal batteries of my early PODs all are more than 20-years old and will eventually fail. Also I would like to synchronize my different Bass POD (Pro *2 + Bean *1) with the same settings, so they will all be readilly available as spare/backup units.

all this feels at the same time very old school and very high end.

2 Likes

“very old school and very high end” is a reasonable description of MIDI, yeah :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m afraid.

2 Likes

you’ll be driving a rack of synths in no time!

1 Like

my old Korg Poly 800 has MIDI … :grin:

2 Likes

I was actually using the MIDI out on my U-24 to drive my drum machine from Reaper :slight_smile:

And of course virtual instruments in Reaper (and all other DAWs) use MIDI for their programming too.

2 Likes

yeah I think it’s too complicated for me. I like good’ol’pots … I just want to save my settings and copy the same base tone to my other PODs but I’m realizing right now that the MIDI interface gives way more control than the hardware interface.

for example there is only one pot for the compressor on the Bass POD Pro but there are way more settings available by MIDI :

midi-comp

also more controls on effects (which I don’t use anyway, but it could become more interesting with those additional settings) :

midi-fx

and even the real amp names :

midi-amp

… and so on …

3 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: