Multiple Bass Disorder (MBD)

The 504 is a great bass. I almost bought one too, and would own one now if a used 604 hadnā€™t turned up at exactly the right time.

304 is good too, loved mine, I just wanted a few features on the 5/604.

1 Like

Nope!! Budget constraints slow it down a bitā€¦ but that is usually all you can hope for :joy:

3 Likes

I heard they were working on a vaccine, but it got shelved due to ā€œcurrent circumstancesā€.

Also heard that Sweetwater, Guitar Center, and Musicianā€™s Friend are all vigorously opposed to any further research on it . . . :wink:

Cheers, Joe

5 Likes

When you have to sell a bass to be able to afford strings for all your other basses, thatā€™s when you know you had one too many.

But itā€™s okay because all your basses have new strings now. Soā€¦ it really is time to start looking for that next new bass.

Some people might say things likeā€¦
Why do you need another bass?
Why donā€™t you just use the ones you already have?
Youā€™re not being fiscally responsible.

This is really sad because these people arenā€™t your friends and they donā€™t understand you. :-1:

Thatā€™s why the BassBuzz forum is so important. There will always be someone here willing to encourage the purchase of another bassā€¦
or ampā€¦
or pedalā€¦
or cableā€¦
or recording equipmentā€¦
or strapā€¦
or picksā€¦
orā€¦

Listen, we get you.
We donā€™t have your financial best interest in mind.
But, we get you. :grinning: :+1:

10 Likes

Yes, itā€™s not just basses that grab my attention. I hoard all kinds of stuff, pedals included. I canā€™t help it!

Iā€™ve been meaning to make/construct/buy a pedal board, as Iā€™m starting to like some pedal combinations now. At the moment, weā€™re looking at these -

Iā€™ve got a Zoom B1on coming any day too, so looking forward to messing around with that too.

Most of the time I have to say, Iā€™m on my jazz bass with that Sonicake auto wah, because itā€™s just a box of fun all round. It goes very well with RHCP Sir Psycho Sexy!

That little fog pedal is also not to be underestimated - the big muff does what it says on the tin, but at a higher price - that fog pedal was only around Ā£13-Ā£15 where I saw it, and itā€™s a really good little thing - so much noise from a tiny innocuous looking box :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yay big muff :slight_smile:

A couple topics you might be interested in:

3 Likes

Ahh, many thanks for picking those out - Iā€™m still finding my way around the forum.

Now, dare I read them, thatā€™s the question, because it will send me on a pedal buying spree again. Iā€™d almost got it under control :smiley:

/immediately goes to read them anyway

5 Likes

First post is free :slight_smile:

4 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

LOL! Very well said @eric.kiser!

4 Likes

It really sucks when you get a severe case of GAS, and all the GAS stations are closed due to the lockdown. Fortunately, the online GAS stations are still in operation, although it doesnā€™t totally replace drooling over the gear in person.

4 Likes

So is it fundamentally necessary that a general gigging bass player have the Fender P on hand? Is that an essential in the collection? If it werenā€™t it certainly seems fun to look at the SRH500F to play around with that upright kinda sound or the H8 with resonating strings, something like a bass sitar concept. Otherwise, I was looking at the Deluxe Active to knock down the P and the J or does that not really do it justice?

1 Like

No, that would depend who youā€™re gigging with. If planning to work as a studio musician, from what @Gio and @JoshFossgreen have said, then yes.

1 Like

Seriously?!? So, I show up for a studio gig and get kicked out because I donā€™t have a Fender? No other P bass or even a PJ bass will do? It has to be a Fender P bass?

2 Likes

Hey @PamPurrs. I donā€™t know if itā€™s that extreme. Josh and Gio have made numerous comments similar to the one below.

That is utter madness. If thatā€™s true, it makes me want to sell all my gear and move on to a different interest. I hate the thought of being in an industry thatā€™s that pin-headed. If a highly qualified, extremely talented bassist, capable of playing whatever is put before him/her, shows up for the job, it shouldnā€™t matter what brand of instrument they bring to the job. This really pisses me off.

3 Likes

I havenā€™t encountered any industry that was other than pin headed.
:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

I think this is probably part of it. The more someone fits that description the more they would be trusted. I think itā€™s like any industry. Some people are good, some people are bad, and only a few are truly great at what they do. The truly great are going to get a lot more leeway. For everybody else, that person is there to do a job and if they show up with the expected tool for that job, their life will be easier.

3 Likes

Iā€™m okay now, I just had to blow off some steam. Sorryā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™s all good. :grinning: :+1:

2 Likes

Imagine if you were a violinist and went to audition for an orchestra and the conductor would only hire those who play a strad LOL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

How many Stradivarius violins are known to exist?
It is estimated that in total, Stradivari made around 1,100 musical instruments in total. Of these, 600 are still thought to be in existence. Of that number, only 244 violins are currently accounted for.

1 Like