Multiple Bass Disorder (MBD)

The box was intact, and very well padded inside. It’s obvious they shipped it to me in that condition. It was listed on GC as “Open Box” but there was no mention of any flaws.

4 Likes

Understood. Don’t revisit on my account, only if you think there is something there.

3 Likes

Yeah, IT should have been listed as “blemished”. When you go in to return it, you might bring this up and see if they will just give you $50 or $100 back, and if they do, maybe keep it the 45 days. Not trying to convince you on the Ray, just giving an option, same thing I would tell anybody with any bass that came that way.

3 Likes

Freudian typo :wink:

4 Likes

Huh?

3 Likes

Stringray - Stingray :grin:

4 Likes

Oh lol I didn’t catch that :smile_cat:

4 Likes

Good eye, I read right past it too. LOL

4 Likes

@PamPurrs and @T_dub

Occupational hazard… I read paper drafts all the time…

It really should be called Stringray - would be a nice pun!

4 Likes

I would play that!!!

3 Likes

The weird thing is, I spent 30 years as a writer and editor. Those things normally jump off the page at me. I’m losing my touch I guess lol

2 Likes

@T_dub that’s a thought. I think I’ll ask for $100 rebate, but only if they’ll keep the 45 day window open.

2 Likes

That would help, at least if you try for a while, if you don’t like it, you know and won’t have to revisit it later.

BTW, is there anything you DO NOT like about it? or is it just not doing it for you over the Yamaha?

3 Likes

The only thing was the round wounds, which I didn’t bother to switch to flats since I’m bringing it back. Other than that, I detected a bit of neck dive, but not enough to be a deal killer.

3 Likes

Neck Dive is something I never really consider. i play sitting down mostly because of the Knee condition I have that is not fixed yet. That is probably why it is not noticeable. I am gonna try to stand up later and see if i detect it in my Ray 4. Interesting that I have never thought of that before.

3 Likes

Just left GC. Flat out NO on the $100 rebate so I just returned it.

3 Likes

Wow, they wouldn’t take any responsibility for that. I like them less and less and less…

2 Likes

One of the reasons I fell in love with the Yammie BB235 is the great balance. Zero neck dive.

3 Likes

Thanks Joerg, thats going on my Stingray style build headstock. Thanks @PamPurrs. @joergkutter
Jamie

3 Likes

Love the rally stripes!

3 Likes