Multiple Bass Disorder (MBD)

I didn’t notice the weight when play testing. Then again my goto Squier jazz bass is a boat anchor.

5 Likes

My jazz bass is 9.9lbs (~4.5kg with strap). My P-bass is 8.6lbs (right at 4kg with strap).

4 Likes

My jazz bass is the same.

6 Likes

Just went and weighed my 44-01 w/ the strap… 11 lbs! Holy cow…I knew it was heavy, but that’s just silly. :confounded:

4 Likes

Wow. I thought my LB20 was heavy at 8 pounds (depending on the source; I never actually weighed it). My Ibanezezes feel half the weight of the LB20, but apparently they clock in around 7 pounds. I couldn’t imagine hoisting a 10 or 11 pound bass around my neck.

3 Likes

That is nuts! I am pretty sure the 54-02s are lighter

2 Likes

It’s why Hofner is my primary bass…as I said the Lakland sounds great, but it’s just a lot on the body over longer stretches.

2 Likes

4kg is my limit. More than that and the bass would have to be truly special to justify it for me. Even my BB734A didn’t - and it was an amazing bass otherwise.

~3.7kg is where I like it.

2 Likes

Weight distribution also matters. My Warwick Streamer felt really heavy but it was actually less kg than some of my other basses.

3 Likes

MAD - Multiple Aerodyne Disorder

Family portrait

15 Likes

My old '07 Warwick Vampyre Dark Lord was 13lbs. That’s why it was not so hard to let her go.

11 Likes

Gotta say those Aerodyne look mighty sexy!

2 Likes

The Aerodyne bass family looks terrific, @John_E. Though I see you have TWO blue ones. Let me know if you ever decide one of them is superfluous to requirements. . .

2 Likes

@John_E, I now see one blue bass is a j-bass and the other is pj. Still interested if you decide you have too many pj Aerodynes. (What am I saying? This is the MBD thread!)

2 Likes

These are the remaining 4 I am on the long haul hunt for now to complete the flame collection. If I end up with two of one for some reason, I’ll let you know :rofl:

11 Likes

Ok fair play, the Sunburst Aero does look nice.

1 Like

@John_E

Your collection won’t be complete without one of the US import Aerodyne Jazz basses.

I’m loving mine. :+1:

9 Likes

They are great but, I decided I am sticking to the flame top MIJ/CIJ only. I already have enough of them, esp PJ.

2 Likes

“enough” . . . interesting concept. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I’ve heard about it. That and moderation, not sure what it is yet but quite intriguing.

4 Likes